advertisement

Thread: Tweaking Freestyle Libre from mmol/l to mg/dl

Default Tweaking Freestyle Libre from mmol/l to mg/dl

Hi folks, I just received a Freestyle Libre starter kit I bought from Ebay - it cost me an arm and a leg (it is not available in my country yet, and arbitrageurs are making a killing) but I feel it will make my daughter's life much easier!

The reader I bought has UK settings, i.e. mmol/l to which my daughter is unaccustomed to. Do any of you out there know how to change the settings to mg/dl?

Many thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Pavlos; 02-26-2016 at 07:17 AM. Reason: typos
    Father of Nephele (15, dx'd on November 14 2007, World Diabetes Day - doing well on MDI) and Constantine (10).

"It is not what we have but what we enjoy that constitutes our abundance" (Epicurus)

If you can't figure out how to change it on the actual device. If your daughter has a calculator all she has to do is multiply the MMOL number by 18. So if the MMOL says 5.5. you'd do 5.5x18=99
    Chris mom to 4 daughters
    Ashleigh diagnosed Type 1 diabetes 3/23/10
    MDI-Tresiba and Novolog
    Dexcom g4 CGM
    Most recent A1C 6.0%

Thanks, my daughter did just that.

BTW she loves her Libre, the only problem is that the sensor does not stick very well and she had to tape it into place.
    Father of Nephele (15, dx'd on November 14 2007, World Diabetes Day - doing well on MDI) and Constantine (10).

"It is not what we have but what we enjoy that constitutes our abundance" (Epicurus)

There is a Night scout app for Libre and I think it will convert and display in mg/dl.
    McKenna DX 1/3/06 @ 13 months^11 YRS
    Pumping @ 18 months & Dexcoming @ 4.5 yrs
    PINGing - Tethered with Lantus
    Madison DX 3/17/14 @ 5yrs thru Trial Net^7YRS
    Started with Dexcom and now Pinging

impaired glucose at 2hr mark
    8/12 BG 166^4/13 BG 205^6/13 BG 143^3/14 BG 216
    faith trust and pixie dust

5. Default Can help you! I have an mg/dl reader for you

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlos View Post
    Hi folks, I just received a Freestyle Libre starter kit I bought from Ebay - it cost me an arm and a leg (it is not available in my country yet, and arbitrageurs are making a killing) but I feel it will make my daughter's life much easier!

The reader I bought has UK settings, i.e. mmol/l to which my daughter is unaccustomed to. Do any of you out there know how to change the settings to mg/dl?

Many thanks in advance!
    We just ordered a starter kit and got an mg/dl reader by mistake. We need a mmol reader. Perhaps we can swap? Email me at info at lifeandtimes dot ca. Alice