advertisement

Thread: Old Dexcom for sale?

Default Old Dexcom for sale?

So this might be a long shot, but I was on the Very first Dexcom to ever come out a couple years ago. I have since stopped using it but I've lost the sensor I still have the transmitter and a ton of the applicators. I am in extreme need to be on a cgm again but I cannot afford to buy it and I don't have insurance. Is there anybody out there that knows how I could sell those items somehow? Thanks in advance. P.s- I already called the company and they said they couldn't take it for a discount.

I'm not at all sure that selling something that required a prescription is even legal. And I suspect no one would be interested in buying an outdated Dexcom system when the sensors and transmitters are likely no longer being manufactured.

Isn't everyone in the US required to have health insurance? If you cannot afford it, have you looked into Medicaid (or whatever your particular state calls it)?
    Mother of two wonderful daughters:
    *T age 14 - dx'd 01/24/2014 at age 11.5
    MDI: Humalog & Lantus 01/24/2014 - 06/04/2014
    Dexcom: G4 05/02/2014; G4 with Share 03/11/2015; G5 10/07/2015
    OmniPod with Humalog 06/05/2014; Apidra 09/12/2014
    *C age 27 - reactive airway disease; married 08/30/2014

Tried to stay out of it but I can't.

Many millions can no longer afford health insurance. It is much more affordable for their families to pay the tax penalty than pay for "affordable" health insurance. CGM's aren't covered by medicare or medicaid. There have been many petitions and bills introduced to get them covered, but at this point in time they are not.
    Last edited by Just Jen; 01-27-2016 at 04:30 PM.
    Mom to Molly (born 11/07) T1D dx 5/14 Celiac dx 3/15
    Dexcom G5 9/16, tSlim 8/15, Asante Snap 5/15, Dexcom G4 10/14
    and three other nonD DDs - 17, 16, 12

the senors you have what model are they ? the post is confusing what parts do you have ?
    young adult w. type 1
    Pumping Since Aug 2005
    currently pumping with Medtronic Veo (with CGM as much as possible)

Are you talking about the "egg"? That's the receiver.
    The things you inserted, that you had to keep buying because that's what you throw away - those are sensors and they aren't manufactured anymore
    The thing you snapped into the sensor, that's called the transmitter

What are you looking for?
    ~Nancy
    Mother to:
    Samantha - 19
    Michael - 15
    Emma - 11 (2/16/05 dx 3/07, dx Celiac 1/10) - Pumping with a Pink Animas Ping! as of 9/07, with t:slim as of 8/14!

CGMSing as of 3/26/09 with Navigator, 9/14/12 with Dex 7, 12/5/12 with dex G4

Quote Originally Posted by Jen&Rick View Post

Many millions can no longer afford health insurance. It is much more affordable for their families to pay the tax penalty than pay for "affordable" health insurance. CGM's aren't covered by medicare or medicaid. There have been many petitions and bills introduced to get them covered, but at this point in time they are not.
    Yes. Thank you, obamacare, for ruining our health insurance system. Our oop costs have tripled since it began, whereas they had remained unchanged for years beforehand. So much for taking care of the middle class.

But to address the original question, yes, selling something paid for by insurance is not allowed. If you paid For it oop, it might be ok to sell it. I don't know about someone else buying a prescription item without a prescription, though. It's a device, or durable medical equipment, not a medication, so I don't know if the rules are the same.

I wish I could be more helpful. Perhaps there is a local charity who could help you. Or maybe try crowd funding (gofundme.com or the like). Good luck! I hope you get your hands on a cgm soon.
    DS age 14 dx'ed 9/09 Pumping with MM 5/11-9/15
    Started Pumping with t:slim 9/15
    Started Dexcom 10/15

Quote Originally Posted by Jen&Rick View Post

We need a "like" button.

+1
    Mom to 18yr old dd, dx 7/2009
    Animas Ping 2/2010
    T:SLIM 12/2014
    Dexcom 7 Plus 9/2010
    Dexcom G4 11/2012
    Dx PCOS 5/2012
    Metformin

The mind that opens to a new idea never returns to its original size.

Albert Einstein