advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FYI Ping limitations for Honeymooners, or itty bitty litttle ones.

Quote Originally Posted by dpr View Post
    Ah, too many numbers for my under slept brain to process at once... It's the Accu Check that won't work which looks good in so many other ways. She's 32 to 1 at breakfast, 80 to 1 at lunch and 60 to 1 at dinner. So the latter 2 are too high. She's one of those out of the box 75% basal kids.

A T Slim question. I just looked at our brochure and it says basal rate increments at "0.001 units at programed rates _> .01 unit/hour" . I'm not understanding this. it looks too me like you can program rates at an incredibly fine .001, but that seems crazy?
    I think there is jus a simple misunderstanding in regards to ratio's. What most here have typed looks backwards to you. (otherwise you have a kiddo with significant insulin needs beyond any)

when I and most type a I:C ratio it translates to " I nsulin : C arbs", I suspect that you are thinking "carbs per 1 unit of insulin", which would loo like C:I, the reverse!

The ratio's you stated would easily be accommodated with ANY pump. ( if I am right in regards to how we are translating ratios)

RE t:slim basal rates, if I read your post correctly it means from 0.01 as a starting point you can go up by 0.001"'s, IE: 0.011, 0.012, 0.013 so on and so forth.

I have to say that I am not sure, I though I saw another post just today stating that basal rates started at 0.1??? I had the t:slim and sent it back for various reasons, but since my oldest insulin needs are not that small I did not keep those limitations in mind.
    McKenna DX 1/3/06 @ 13 months^11 YRS
    Pumping @ 18 months & Dexcoming @ 4.5 yrs
    PINGing - Tethered with Lantus
    Madison DX 3/17/14 @ 5yrs thru Trial Net^7YRS
    Started with Dexcom and now Pinging

impaired glucose at 2hr mark
    8/12 BG 166^4/13 BG 205^6/13 BG 143^3/14 BG 216
    faith trust and pixie dust

Quote Originally Posted by rgcainmd View Post
    I may be wrong, but I believe that the issue with the t:slim is that there is no reverse correction.

bringing this thread back to life to help others. if you where to order a t:slim today it now does have a reverse correction to target BG, but I think there are still people that do not have this feature as t;slim did not provide a upgrade program.

Quote Originally Posted by mmgirls View Post
    bringing this thread back to life to help others. if you where to order a t:slim today it now does have a reverse correction to target BG, but I think there are still people that do not have this feature as t;slim did not provide a upgrade program.
    That is correct. The first generation did indeed have a reverse correction but only to 70. Now it's to the target BG.
    Son, L, born August 2007, dx T1 March 2014 at age 6
    Looping with Dexcom G5 and Medtronic 722 since November 2016

Daughter, C, born September 2002, dx Hashimoto's June 2015 at age 12

bump to thread.