advertisement

Thread: Dexcom Receives CE Mark Approval for the Dexcom G4

Default Dexcom Receives CE Mark Approval for the Dexcom G4

Exciting news for Europeans (=in these challenging times when the eurozone is collapsing). Dexcom G4 system soon (few months) in the store near you.
    link.

Oh and heres the pic for the receiver (From diabetesmine)
    Last edited by karri; 06-14-2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Adding receiver pic

This is exciting BUT the Dexcom Gen 4 sensor only has a 6 month LIFE not warranty... and that receiver is just SOOO ugly...
    Jane Mum of Rachel, 14, dx'd @11 months and Anna, 19, dx'd @ 17 .

Keep Calm and Treat the Number

Quote Originally Posted by kiwikid View Post
    This is exciting BUT the Dexcom Gen 4 sensor only has a 6 month LIFE not warranty... and that receiver is just SOOO ugly...
    1. So the manual states 6 months warranty. Would be interesting to hear from Animas Vibe users, who are also using G4 that how to they see this (Meaning, did it really ran-out-of-juice after 6months)
    2. About the receiver. Yeah, this has the first/second-generation ipod feel to it (As I reminder those were released 10 years ago). Wonder why bother with click-wheel when you could go completely touch screen.
    3. But then again, I really dont care about formfactors at this point. Thing that really matters is that this thing seems to way more accurate than the current system 7.

Our Animas rep - we are considering the Vibe at this very moment - has confirmed that it has a 6 month life only..
    If you google Vibe then you get very few up-to-date reviews - mostly from 2010-2011.. We may have to be the first to give feedback

Our Animas rep - we are considering the Vibe at this very moment - has confirmed that it has a 6 month life only..
    If you google Vibe then you get very few up-to-date reviews - mostly from 2010-2011.. We may have to be the first to give feedback
    Any idea about the pricing?(=compared to dexcom 7 system)?

Dexcom isn't available here as a stand alone unit. I can't even get pricing for Vibe at present

It is so frustrating to me that these things are approved in Europe years before we get them. The Enlite has been out two years there, and MM says 12-18 months more before we get it here. Is it going to be 3 year later for the Dex4 too?
    Mom to J., age 13
    Dx 2007 @ age 3
    Medtronic pump and CGM (4/2008-6/2013)
    Tandem t:slim and Dexcom G5 CGM (current)

Dexcom isn't available here as a stand alone unit. I can't even get pricing for Vibe at present
    So according to the Internet when Vibe was released in UK
    1. Gen4 Transmitter + 4 sensors 500 pounds
    2. Gen4 Sensors will be 186pounds for a box of 4 (as a comparison box of 4 sensors for Dexcom 7 are 240)
    Last edited by karri; 06-15-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyegirl View Post
    It is so frustrating to me that these things are approved in Europe years before we get them. The Enlite has been out two years there, and MM says 12-18 months more before we get it here. Is it going to be 3 year later for the Dex4 too?
    I dont think so. I don't know which system will make it to the U.S. market first, but I' m pretty sure Dexcom submitted the Gen4 before Minimed submitted the Enlite. Gen4 has been at The FDA for a couple of months and Amy's update from ADA said Minimed just submitted the Enlite.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Tina
    Proud mom to Jordan (19), dxd March 2008
    Pumping Apidra with a blue Animas PING-Dexcom Gen4 (previously Dexcom and Dexcom 7 Plus)

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow."