advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: URGENT: FreeStyle "Butteryfly" Strips ???

They sent me out some "classic" strips high priority and I expect them here tomorrow and I will do some side-by-side and alternate meter testing. As with any 2 instrument measurements it is impossible to know which one is more accurate without a control solution and I don't think I have any.

That was another change now that I think of it - there are three control solution ranges on the bottle as if they now make 3 different control solutions (low, normal and high). I didn't ask about that.

I looked at the insert and there's nothing to warn their users that the new product may not be FDA certified for their device so I'm not sure how they expected consumers to know since they just sent out the new strips as a direct replacement. There was accuracy info in the insert and it looked to me that these strips might be more accurate - on paper. It may be that the accuracy might be better at some ranges so, it's entirely possible that some reading could be off and the better one might just be the new strips. This may end up much ado about nothing but, at the very least, it was very poorly done.
    Stay at home Dad to son, 16.
    Diagnosed: 02/2006
    OmniPod: 09/2007, Novolog Humalog since 1/16
    Dexcom Seven Plus: 02/2010 Dexcom G4: 01/2013 Now Dexcom G5

Throughout history

Every mystery
    EVER solved has turned out to be ...
    Not Magic. - Tim Minchin

Hydrogen, given sufficient time, turns into people. - The Meaning of Life

I tested the new ones again last night w/ the same drop of blood on both the flash and the PDM. Both meters gave a number of 110. Hopefully Abbott will clear all of this up soon. I find it hard to believe that you can't use the new new strips with the older meters. The pharmacy here is only carrying the new ones and indication on the box do not say anything about having to purchase a new meter. I will be curious to see what your results show when you test with th older strips vs. the new ones.
    Veronica 36 Military wife to Matt married for 18 years
    4 children Alexis 17yrs (GAD POS beginning July 2010) officially diagnosed 11/25/13 pumping omnipod and CGM Dexcom G5, Blake 14yrs, Tyler 12yrs and Matthew 11yrs dx'd @ 9mon old pumping Omnipod and CGM Dexcom G5

Has anyone heard of Low, Normal and High control solutions?

EDIT: Never mind ... there is a Low/High box as well as a Normal box.
    Last edited by swellman; 10-11-2010 at 10:46 AM.

Throughout history

Every mystery
    Not Magic. - Tim Minchin

Crap, I never considered that they may somehow not work with the PDM. I still have about 150 old strips, but got a shipment of 900 from my pharmacy, and already opened them all (to save space - why do they send boxes of 50 that would easily fit 100?).

Update:

I was sent two boxes of "Classic" strips as well as a new Freestyle Freedom meter. I did some side-by-side comparisons. Both "Classic" and "Butterfly" strips were Code 16. I think I did my math right. This was single readings.

Attachment 2386

Throughout history

Every mystery
    Not Magic. - Tim Minchin

Quote Originally Posted by swellman View Post
    Update:

I was sent two boxes of "Classic" strips as well as a new Freestyle Freedom meter. I did some side-by-side comparisons. Both "Classic" and "Butterfly" strips were Code 16. I think I did my math right. This was single readings.

Attachment 2386
    Good enough for me! Thanks for testing them out.

I wonder if you can use these new strips in the Cozmonitor on the Cozmo pump?? Yes, we are still using that pump...we like it, and have 2 years left.

I guess I will call them tomorrow...
    "A" mom to: 2 boys.
    Wife of "R"
    "T"-17yrs. old, Dx 10-2-07, pump on 8-21-08, Humalog: ADD Dx 4/2007 : Guardian CGM 9/29/10 (no longer use)
    "E"-13yrs. old Non-D, Asthma

"Life is not measured by the number of breathes we take. But by the moments that take our breathe away."
    "God doesn't give us what we can't handle. God helps us handle what we are given."

Thanks for posting the comparison. The new strips look pretty good.

Rella, mom to Brendan -- 15-yrs-old, dx'd March '08 at 8 years old
    Navigator CGM: 11/08 to 1/11
    Dexcom CGM since 2/11, G4 as of 10/12
    OmniPod since 7/09

Help Cure Childhood Diabetes
    Facebook