advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Insurance Companies Covering CGMS

We just got approved by BCBS Colorado through Solara Medical Supplies (800-999-7516) Hector Mendoza did all the work, contacted our endo for a prescription and just called us to let us know that it was all set! We didn't have to send any logs or document any severe lows (though I think our endo mentioned lows in his letter). We decided to do it now because our daughter just met her $3000 deductible (ouch). Also, a heads up that he's going to be providing us 300 one touch blue test strips/ month at $15/month. That was a $140/year savings for us from using Express Scripts.
    Last edited by obtainedmist; 12-06-2011 at 10:14 PM.
    mom to Molly, 24, dx 7/9/10
    Pumping with Animas Ping 11/10
    Pumping with T:slim 11/14
    Dexcom G5 8/16
    Dave, 28, non D
    Wife to Bob...great guy!!

I just recently had my prescription renewed through my new insurance, United Health. They didn't ask anything(like BG logs etc), which I thought they would do since they weren't the ones who approved the Dex originally. I had already met my $500 DME deductible, so they covered it 90% for sensors.

I went through Apria, and they did everything. Extremely nice to work with, great communication with updates etc.
    Danielle, 24
    Dxd, T1, 4/21/08
    Revel 3/2013

Group Health in the State of Washington just approved Medtronic CGMS. I am an adult. It was considered out of network. Ali

We have Blue Care Network of Michigan (HMO) and dd was just approved. Went very easily, I didn't have to submit logs, appeal or anything.
    Laurie

Mom to Lia Grace, 15 yrs, dx 1/13/06 at age 5.
    Started with NPH and Regular, switched to Lantus and Novolog after three months and then started pumping after 1.5 years.
    CURRENTLY Pumping with the Animas Ping and using the Dexcom G4 Platinum.

5. Default

Thanks for posting this info.