advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Insurance Companies Covering CGMS

Default Insurance Companies Covering CGMS

I am putting together a list of insurance companies that are currently covering CGMS systems. If you have one to add not listed here, please PM me and I will edit the post to add it to the list. I am trying to keep this thread/post as "clean" as possible, (trying to minimize the number of replies) to reduce the amount of posts people have to wade through to see if their insurance company is covering this device.

***MODERATORS*** I think it would be really helpful for ALL interested families to "sticky" this post.

INSURANCE COMPANIES COVERING CGMS:
    Anthem BC/BS of Tennessee
    Anthem BC/BS of Virginia (on a case-by-case basis)
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska (on a case-by-case basis)
    Medica
    Tricare Prime
    United HealthCare (on a case-by-case basis)
    Aetna (on a case-by-case basis)
    HealthPartners of Minnesota
    First Administrators
    International Medical Group (per Budapest)
    Last edited by jpb286; 07-02-2007 at 01:27 AM.
    Paul Bishop, CCEMT-P, NREMT-P, VAEMT-P
    21 year old Critical Care Paramedic with Type I diabetes.
    Diagnosed: 11/18/88.
    Pumping Since: 05/01/97.
    Dexcom CGMS Since: 04/17/07.

Dexcom Seven CGMS Since 04/15/08.

We have First Administrators and they are covering our CGMS
    Nicole
    Hailey~14~type 1 diabetes diagnosed Friday October 13, 2006~Minilink started April 24, 2007~Pump start May 22nd, 2007
    Apidra start Friday May 30th, 2008
    Mackenzie~12~
    Izabella~5 years~Kawasaki disease dx Saturday June 13th 2009 I
    [/url]

"Uneducated people believe what they are told...Educated people question what they are told."-Helen Keller[/CENTER]

3. Default

Can you also collect info regarding what is being covered? For example, the handheld, a transmitter and the policy regarding sensors (as in how many per month or per year)?

Thanks
    twitter: @kevinlmcmahon
    linkedin: http://linkedin.com/in/mobilewirelesshealth

I will see what I can do. Many of these are being dealt with on a case-by-case basis; and what IS covered is highly dependent on what YOUR individual policy allows, so its really best to check with your insurance company regarding your specific policy.

If anyone who has one of the above mentioned insurance companies (or another one not listed), could PM me what was covered so I can add it to the list per Kevin's request that would be great. Let me know if you dont want your username listed, and I will delete it, i just think it would help to establish credibility for something like this and help other patients/parents talk with you about gaining coverage.

of course I dont see Cigna on there! We are switching to them in June, DH got a new job and right now we have United.

Lisa - Mom to Jagger and Hailey (twins born on 11/24/04 @ 29 1/2 weeks)
    Hailey was diagnosed at 17 months with type 1 juvenille diabetes. Pumping about 3 weeks later.
    My husband is also T1 diagnosed at 4 1/2 pumping since 2001.

http://walk.jdrf.org/index.cfm?fusea...irmid=86661231

6. Default

Our pump rep told us Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota is covering it now. We don't have that insurance, but thought I'd pass that along.

Again people, PLEASE STOP POSTING REPLIES ON HERE!!! I am trying to make this a database/reference for everyone on here, which was the reason I had Jeff make this a sticky. By people posting on here, it takes away from the original purpose of the thread, and turns it instead into a "discussion"; which is exactly what I was TRYING to avoid.

***IN THE FUTURE, PLEASE DO NOT POST ON HERE, PM ME IF YOU HAVE AN ADDITION/DELETION/CORRECTION TO MAKE.

***ADMINS, IF YOU COULD PLEASE DELETE ALL OF THE ABOVE REPLIES EXCEPT THIS ONE, THAT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

8. Default

Sorry - I didn't know since this is the 1st (and last) time I posted on your board.

That was rude. If it's a sticky then "lock" the topic so no one can post.

Quote Originally Posted by momoftwo View Post
    Sorry - I didn't know since this is the 1st (and last) time I posted on your board.

That was rude. If it's a sticky then "lock" the topic so no one can post.
    I mentioned it in the original post:

If you have one to add not listed here, please PM me and I will edit the post to add it to the list. I am trying to keep this thread/post as "clean" as possible, (trying to minimize the number of replies) to reduce the amount of posts people have to wade through to see if their insurance company is covering this device.
    It wasnt rude either, it was a request which was ignored, repeatedly. It also wasnt necessary to post yet ANOTHER reply after the last post I just made AGAIN asking people not to post. That was more rude on your part than mine, but thats semantics and not worth arguing. I am not an admin, so I dont have the capability to lock the thread and THEN edit the post. That was why I made the request originally.

10. Default CGMSCentral.com for reimbursement

You can create or edit your Insurance Carrier's page regarding coverage for continuous glucose monitoring at http://cgmscentral.com ; a site on the web dedicated to helping people help each other to secure reimbursement.
    twitter: @kevinlmcmahon
    linkedin: http://linkedin.com/in/mobilewirelesshealth