advertisement

Your Thoughts on China's Stem Cell Educator Therapy Clinical Trial

Discussion in 'Research' started by Turtle1605, Dec 9, 2013.

1. pdx_dc

pdx_dc Approved members

Bijanrad - for Dr Zhao

Hi Bijanrad - so Dr. Ricordi said "ask Dr Zhao to reach out to us and let us know how we can help him..he has my contact but Skype is cricordi email is ricordi@miami.edu"

Maybe you can pass on this information to him - he just left it open ended - so its upto Dr Zhao, I guess...

Thanks Bijanrad.

2. bijanrad

bijanrad Approved members

Thank you . We changed the her endocrinologist . Now she is under observation at UCLA. The new physician felt that C peptide measurement can wait another three months . He believes that, given the AIC , her total weight and amount of daily insulin intake is a clear indication that C peptide will not be bad and will not show significant change. So we will wait. As for the trip back to China, we are considering it with caution. I think we will know for sure in few months. Regards

bijanrad

3. hopefull340

hopefull340 Approved members

I can get in contact via phone or email with Dr Zhao, the results will be listed on the Spain study on the 15th, The results of phase1 are good.. We shall see about the out come of phase2 .. He has signed on with a U.s Stem cell company and He has been granted IND here in the States . Joshua Levy has also blogged about this treatment /cure.. Calling this study B.S is Uncalled for and absolutely insulting to the Dr and his team. If you have nothing POSITIVE to say maybe it should be on YOUR own Facebook or Blog. this is the research section is it not?. Just sayin .. and Please do your homework before you call someone out like that...Don't have anything valuable or positive to add to the thread.... Move along Please .. DRI is amazing in the willingness to reach out and collaborate with other promising leads.. FWIW this "B.S" clinical study/trail is listed as one of the top practical cures on the Jdca Radar.

4. hopefull340

Can you please list this Drs Data results thus far ? Breakdown how the treatment works or would not work? Have you reached out to him to solidify Your statements? I'd like to know why exactly why??? " You have always felt like there was something not right with Zhao and his methods? please explain...??

5. hopefull340

Efficacy of Stem Cell Educator therapy in T1D

April 14, 2015, Dr.Yong Zhao will present the clinical data from Spanish clinical trial at Immunology of Diabetes Society 14th International Congress (Munich, Germany), titled “Correct the autoimmune memory by Stem Cell Educator therapy in Caucasian type 1 diabetic subjects: phase I/II clinical trial”.

March 5, 2015, Dr.Yong Zhao was invited and gave a lecture at The XIII Congress of the Catalan Association of Diabetes (Barcelona, Spain).
    November 7, 2014 Dr.Yong Zhao was invited as a keynote speaker and gave a lecture on “Application of Umbilical Cord Blood Stem Cells in Diabetes Management”, at the 18th Scientific Meeting of the Chinese Diabetes Society (CDS, Guangzhou, China).

October1, 2014, The FDA-registered cord blood bank CORD:USE in Orlando (USA) and Tianhe Stem Cell Biotechnologies enter into a Long-Term Partnership from current academic collaboration to future business collaboration on Stem Cell Educator therapy in clinic.

September 16, 2014 - Tianhe’s patent on human peripheral blood stem cells has been granted by United States Patent Office. These autologous stem cells are suitable for the treatment of diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, neurodegenerative diseases, and others.
    January 25, 2014 - Tianhe’s international patent on human cord blood stem cells has been granted by European Patent Office. This patent will cover the countries in European Union.

January 18, 2014 - Stem Cell Educator therapy becomes one of the top 3 technologies to practically cure type 1 diabetes among over 300 current clinical trials in the world. Read more on Juvenile Diabetes Cure Alliance website: Exhibit 10 inState of the Cure 2013.

November 23, 2013 - To advance Stem Cell Educator therapy and find a cure for type 1 diabetes, a new clinical trial was initiated in children with type 1 diabetes, in collaboration with Dr.Zhiguang Zhou at the Second Xiangya Hospital of Central South University (Changsha, China) as well as the apheresis team from Terumo BCT (Denver, USA)

July 9, 2013 - Dr.Zhao and his team published the Phase I/II clinical trial data in type 2 diabetes, at the peer review clinical journal BMC Medicine. The clinical data demonstrate the safety and efficacy of Stem Cell Educator therapy for the treatment of type 2 diabetes.Stem Cell Educator therapy opens up new avenues to find a cure for type 1 diabetes andtype 2 diabetes.

March 8, 2013 - Stem Cell Educator, as a new Medical Device, has been successfully registered at the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

March 7, 2013 - Report from Juvenile Diabetes Cure Alliance (JDCA): Stem Cell Educator therapy is one of six-leading trials targeting the practical cure of type 1 diabetes (total 332 clinical trials in T1D).

February 27, 2013 - Dr. Zhao visited New Delhi in India and gave a lecture at Fortis C-DOC--Centre Excellence for Diabetes.

January 14, 2013 - Dr.Zhao was invited to visit Novo Nordisk at Beijing (China) and gave a lecture, titled"Discovery of Stem Cell Educator Therapy and Its Clinical Applications".

December 17, 2012 - Dr.Zhao was invited to visit Hackensack University Medical Center (New Jersey, USA) and gave a seminar on Stem Cell Educator therapy.

6. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Calm down. I did not call the study BS. If you go back and actually READ my comment I was objecting to this statement:

7. pdx_dc

pdx_dc Approved members

Mom to Emily - and Bijanrad - please pass Dr Ricordi's message on to Dr. Zhao... I don't know how to get in touch with him myself..

8. hopefull340

No,That's not how Clinical trials work.. No data or formal data is released until the Phase is completed. He was Kindly sharing Inside information. He was also kindly sharing with us his daughters results.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  9. Christopher

Yes, please educate me on how clinical trials work, I have only been involved with them for 20+ years, so I may not be aware of the process. Look, I am not going to argue with you. You clearly need to educate yourself more thoroughly. I have my opinion and I am free to express it here. If you don't like it then, as you said, "move on".

And just so you are aware, "kindly sharing inside information" about an ongoing clinical trial is not only inappropriate but is wrong on many ethical and scientific levels. The statement about a child being cured of Type 1 diabetes was hearsay and only serves to give false hope to desperate people and I find it disgusting and irresponsible.

And just so you know, it is clinical TRIALS not trails.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  10. pdx_dc

pdx_dc Approved members

Christopher, you said you felt something was not right about Dr Zhao and his methods and people are going to be very disappointed -
    can you please explain why you are feeling this way? Just so we can understand better what you are basing your intuition upon.

11. Christopher

It was just a gut feeling. I probably should have kept that gut feeling to myself. Mea culpa.

My opinion on the comment about a child being cured of Type 1 diabetes still stands though.

For the record, I am a big believer in stem cell therapy and I think at some point in the very very distant future it may lead to a cure for Type 1.

12. pdx_dc

pdx_dc Approved members

ok.. I hope you are proven wrong and something big comes from it :) (we can all hope, right?)

some time back I read (I think on Quora, so take it with a pinch of salt) about how simple and elegant this stem cell educator thing is - although we don't even begin to understand how it works - the Cord blood stem cells can fix the broken immune system - I think Dr Zhao's work shows that - albeit how we go from this to a real cure for all is probably a long way and we don't know yet how it all pans out.

Dr Ricordi was saying that there are 4 trials this year alone on fixing the broken immune system (when I asked him why so much focus on all the islet-transplant efforts instead of fixing the immune system and let the body regenerate)

so let us keep our fingers crossed -

and oh one more thing - I think Dr Zhao is making so much progress compared to others like Dr Faustman who is successfully getting so much funding (without JDRF support) and still going so slow (so far she has shown that BCG is safe)

13. bijanrad

bijanrad Approved members

Now all of sudden and after several months Christopher remembers my comments and refers to it as " disgusting and irresponsible" . I let others judge this comment. I have always used caution not to give false hope to anyone . To better educate others I have posted the result of blood work for my daughter . Every comments from all participants have been favorable . Chris please go back and read all my comments before you make irrelevant remarks and look for excuse to legitimize them . I will continue to post my comments hoping this will help others in the quest to find cure for all loved ones .

14. hopefull340

+posts and almost all have a rude comment...Moving along,,, This is a Research Topic /Thread anything else is NOISE... How have you Helped this section of Cwd The research area????? .. Please link your "Posts" so we can Learn from your 20+ Years..
    I would Love To read them...

15. hopefull340

Block it out and move along.. Thank you for posting, Please continue... We look forward to your updates..Please take a look at all the other positive Remarks made here and Block out the Rest... Who posts In research? Who adds value to this section? Start there and you can clearly see where the motives are.. .. smh

16. hopefull340

Pdx-dc will do I have Dr Zhaos contact info...Thank you for reaching out. DRI is amazing with their willingness to collaborate with other Scientists. <3 Thank you again Bijanrad ..You were Asked a question earlier in the thread about the Positive results from the TRIALS....and you Kindly answered ... No harm done...

17. sparty87

sparty87 Approved members

Do you really take that request at face value? Dr. Zhao and DRI knows each other. The major players in T1D research have no problems reaching each others when they want to. Zhao presented to DRI a few years back.

http://www.diabetesresearch.org/page.aspx?pid=1902

18. sparty87

sparty87 Approved members

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  19. Christopher

Just to clarify, and then I am done. This has nothing to do with you posting your daughter's results.

When you come on a site like this, filled with parents desperate for a cure, and you state that a child has been cured of Type 1 diabetes, yet offer no proof or evidence that it is in fact true, I think that is irresponsible. I have no ill will toward you and wish you and your daughter the best.

20. joshualevy

joshualevy Approved members

I don't. I asked him in November, and then followed up in January. No news. --Joshua