- advertisement -

Your endo - annual blood work?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by TimO, Oct 12, 2009.

1. TimO

TimO Approved members

What does your endo check w/annual bloodwork? Thyroid? Celiac? What tests are suggested? As long as we've met the deductible and the blood's flowing tomorrow I would like some suggestions on what else to request.

2. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I get thyroid done more often than every year.. I think it's because I have symptoms of it (hyper), but the bloodwork always comes back fine..? Not sure though. I generally get thyroid b/w every 6 months. Celiac is every 5 years I think, now I'm an adult. Yearly I have retinal screening, renal function, liver profile, cholesterol, triglycerides, creatinine (urine)... Possibly some more I've forgotten.

3. Adinsmom

Adinsmom Approved members

Adin's doctor added a vitamin d blood test this year that I don't remember them doing last year.

4. jilmarie

jilmarie Approved members

Honestly if you're not concerned about specific symptoms, the only tests that are recommended are screening for celiac, thyroid, and cholesterol.

5. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

Celiac, thyroid, and cholesterol. They also check urine for protein.

6. ShanaB

ShanaB Approved members

I probably should have asked the doctor when he mentioned the cholesterol when we were in last week (stated we could probably wait a little because she is so young) but what are they concerned about with that one? Is it common to have high cholesterol? Just being curious.