- advertisement -

You know you're diabetic when...

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Diet Dr. Pepper, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Aidyn

Aidyn Approved members

You know you're diabetic when you accidentally cut yourself and run to get your blood sugar meter because you don't want that random, huge drop of blood to go to waste!

2. Diet Dr. Pepper

Diet Dr. Pepper Approved members

Thought I'd bump this thread up... Because it seems to me that we have new members who haven't seen it and might want to add to it.. Plus, I think it's fun :p

3. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

I once had to check an elderly man's sugar in church (we didn't know if it was his hear or sugar level...it was the heart) and I used the lancet that was already in it since I had to do it ASAP, only to feel low later and realize that you brought the wrong lancets. You might be a diabetic if you can gross out a whole pew without any effort!! (fyi I had to end up sticking it all the way in and pull it sideways before the blood came out!!)

4. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

you know you're diabetic(and have been for a freakishly long time) when you manage to do this-
    i wrote 'I1C' instead of 'I:C' and realized that i was thinking of A1Cs and figured out that in my(high) mind I1C=A1C+I:C :rolleyes:
    (the back story on this is that i was super high because i'd use the wrong I:C so i was writing it one post-its and sticking them everywhere, but i was obviously worrying about how the high was going to affect my A1C:rolleyes:. i was 7.4 as of last thursday, so i guess i was being a bit hyper:p)

5. KeishaAlexia

KeishaAlexia Approved members

I was feeling bad about my diabetes just now, but this has made me feel better...and like I want to try out some of those sneaky ideas ;D

6. soccergirl

soccergirl New Member

When your friends can guess your BS within 10pt by your behavior

7. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

thanks for all the great ideas, I especially like the free blizzard at dairy queen!

"You know your diabetic when your parents ask how your doing and you tell them your bg"

My mom used to do that, now she's trying to be more creative.. tonight was "hows your Spanish going? did you get 100% on your test??" Lol, it took me a minute to figure out what she was talking about!

*you know your diabetic when you use diabetes as an excuse to not eat gross food at parties=D

*You know your diabetic when people ask about your pump and you tell them your a robot because you don't feel like explaining diabetes... I still need to clear that up with the four year old I baby sit:eek:

* you know your diabetic when 'having the talk' with someone is not about the birds and the bees :rolleyes:

8. Timmy Mac

Timmy Mac Approved members

you know your a diabetic when your making a mixed drink and your mom says "be careful with all that orange juice!"

(new years eve, only time I get alcohol all year)

9. babykat

babykat Approved members

you know your a diabetic when...
    *you use a low as an excuse to go out to eat
    *you get yelled for not testing when you feel low because you cant remember which finger your on
    *you loudly announce in the grocery store that your high and crack up when people look at you funny
    *you drink 5 cans of diet soda a day:D

10. Phillipn

Phillipn Approved members

*you hear a beeping and you think its your pump
    *when somone asks you why you have a phone in both pockets (when ones a phone and the others a pump)
    *when the people at the chemist are among your best friends..
    *when you say you feel dizzy and straight away mum tells you to test your bs
    *when you know the difference between T1 and T2