- advertisement -

"You know your limits." (rant!)

Discussion in 'Teens' started by emm142, Dec 28, 2008.

1. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Yesterday I went to my Gran's house, we were playing scrabble and she got out this biiig tray of chocolate biscuits. As she put them on the table, she goes "you know your limits, Emma, don't eat more than you're allowed". I'm like "oh, it's okay I can have as many as I want as long as I take insulin for them." She just kindof laughed. I ate a biscuit.

A little while later, I take another biscuit, and she goes "I know you know how much you can have." When I took my third, she was like "I know you know your limits, I don't want you feeling ill later because you had too much sugar."

When my mum arrived, she offered round the biscuits again, and I declined because I wasn't hungry. My grandpa obviously said something too her because she replied "she knows how much she's allowed to eat!!"

*sigh* I'm not really annoyed with them. I'm just annoyed with the situation. I wish people could understand that I can bolus for stuff. I really don't like people constantly making me FEEL like there are "limits".

2. Diet Dr. Pepper

Diet Dr. Pepper Approved members

Ugh that sucks! Reminds me of the dinner we had with my dad's side of the family on Christmas Eve.. There was a chocolate cake, and when I went and got a piece, my Nana was all like ":eek:Can you have that??!!"

grr Diabetes Police!!

3. emm142

emm142 Approved members

:rolleyes: I think I should get a big sign to hold up like "if I'm eating it, it means I can eat it." Would save having to keep repeating myself..

4. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

That would make an awesome t-shirt.

"If it's in my hand, I'm allowed to eat it."

:D:D:D:D

5. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

I know. My friend (and her mom) are always like, "Can you have pizza?" or "If you have some veggies, you sould be able to eat chicken strips, right?" Sigh. :rolleyes:

[​IMG] 600th post! [​IMG]

6. alexpallot12

alexpallot12 New Member

yeah i have the same problem with my grandparents but they think i'm not allowed anything sweet atall, and my mum sort of thinks that too, so when i say i am allowed anything as long as i have extra insulin they just don't believe me and it's realy annoying!!!!
    x

7. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

that's exactly what i was thinking!
    yeah, it stinks when people do that, but they do it because they care, that's what i always try to remind myself.

8. emm142

emm142 Approved members

See, that's the thing I hate most, they do it because they care, so I can't do anything. If they did it for another reason, I could just get annoyed with them, but I can't. So I get annoyed with D instead. Argghh.