- advertisement -

You know what I want to do?

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by kierbabi09, Nov 5, 2008.

1. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

I have wanted to do this for some time now, but you have to be 18 (I think) so I have to wait 4 more months. Anyways I want to volunteer for the Big Brother/Big Sister organization. One of my teachers from last year did it and he loved it. I think it is a great way to do something, to volunteer, to really make a difference.

Has anyone ever done this before?

2. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

No, what is it exactly?? Like you have to be a big sister to another little kid?

3. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

I don't know to much about it, but I'm pretty sure that is how it works.

4. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Okay, I thought so. I've never participated in a program like that, but I befriend the younger girls (like the 11-12 year olds) in my church, and help them out, you know I guess "big-sistering" them. I make it clear that I'm there for them, and if they need someone to talk to or pray with, that they can come to me. I even have a *special* buddy, Hannah who looks up to me a lot. I try to set a good example for them, I'm not bragging or anything, I just like kids a lot, and try to help them when I can.