- advertisement -

you know what i just noticed?

Discussion in 'Teens' started by kierbabi09, Aug 14, 2008.

1. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

thanks! i just had a "duhhh" moment. lol. although i have made my fair share of dumb comments, and so have my siblings. we are not the smartest bunch :)

2. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Haha. Haven't we all!?!? :p
    You are too smart! Gosh!! :D

3. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

I'm that way too about guy docs- just not comfortable i guess. My pedi is a girl, speech is a girl, eye doc is a girl, endo is a guy, ent is a guy, and asthma doc is a guy. Endo, ent, and asthma I had no choice. It was just who happend to be on call for ent and who had room for patients/had time that day for endo. My asthma doc is the only one in the area so no choice there.

4. kierbabi09

wow you really know how to make a person feel good, do you know that? if you met me in person you wouldn't think so. and...i talk alot:D...(esp. when i;m tired, then i can't stop) usually noone listens, but that doesn't stop me. or atleast that is what they tell me. i'm not book smart that is for sure! i love totally useless information and useless facts. they are my favorite stiff to learn :)

5. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Lol!! Well, I'm glad I can make people feel good about themselves! And, I'm sure if I met you in person one day, we'd have a great time. You seem very funny, lol. And, I talk a lot too!! Sometimes when I'm low, I'll just go on and on forever, and then not even remember what I was talking about!! :eek: LOL! I wouldn't say that I'm book smart, but I retain information pretty well. I have a good memory..like..if I don't think about what I'm trying to figure out for a while..it'll just pop into my head!! It's kinda weird..

Like this one time..I could NOT remember the quadtratic formula for my life..and then one day my teacher walks in and was like Malyssa, what's the quadtratic formula!? And we werent even learning that anymore, havent been for a while...but I just said it! Lol. -b +/- the square root of b squared - 4ac all over 2a! Or something like that..idk..it was funny how I just said it that day. :rolleyes:

6. kierbabi09

heyy i actually knew that was the quadratic formula! but i love random info. like did you know that men are more likely to fall out of a hospital bed than woman? see, i told you:p. i can memorize this stuff after reading it once, but study for hours for school and still not get it...

7. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Haha!!! Thats some funny info right there..isn't it crazy how we remember the silly things, or things that will probably never help us in life...and of course things that have had a big affect on our lives..like what was your blood sugar at diagnosis, or your lowest low..all that good stuff.. Random info is always fun though! I never would have knew that if you didnt tell me!! See...I learned something...

Oh yeah...I despise the quadratic formula!! And math for that matter!! :rolleyes::eek:

8. kierbabi09

ugh math! i'm happy to say the only math i've done this summer has to do with eating. none for school. i'm in 3rd track math, but i love it. we go alot slower, so it's a little bit easier.
    you will spend about 6 months of your life waiting at stop signs and red lights

i'm about to start posting a random fact of the day...we'll all learn something new:D

9. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Haha! Math gives me headaches! :p
    You so should..random fact of the day thread!! It would be quite interesting!!
    6 months!?!? WHAT!?!?

10. kierbabi09

i only know this because my sister got my family a book for christmas and it was all random facts.nothing else. quite intersting too. some very stupid stuff, some very funny stuff. but i can almost guarentee you have never read this stuff before!!

11. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Lol. Thats funny. Random facts book..interesting. Could keep me occupied for a while! :p:cool:

12. kierbabi09

errrrm, it's actually for the bathroom:eek: it has bathroom in the title. but you could take it anywhere and you would def. be entertained!

(off topic: i go to get blood drawn for A1C. i think it will be up from my 6.9, but with me you never know.)

13. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Haha!! Thats alright. My dad got one of those a few years ago for his birthday, but iit was more of a joke book or something..it also had bathroom in the title, lol.

When do you go get your blood drawn for your A1c? Wait...WHY!?!? They should do a fingerstick test for your A1c! I hate blood work! :eek: I have to go next week to get my thyroid checked, and I'm hoping my mom forgets, and I can hold out til November when I'm due for my yearly blood work again! You have been through a lot with your numbers lately..if your A1c is higher, don't worry about it too much, because now I'm sure it will drop again, especially since your numbers have been getting back into a good range...unlike mine! :eek::eek:

14. kierbabi09

i go tomorrow. and in september i go for MORE blood work. they are goona check my thyroid too,, it's like the 10th time, and my hormones levels, because some of them are WAYYYY off. they have never done a fingure stick for an A1C. i go to a lab every time. atleast now they check A1C every 3 months. up until about about last year they were only checking it every 6 months. that is actually part of the reason why i;m switching!

good luck with your blood work. i hope that it all comes back normal and that everything is ok:)

15. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Ah, the joy that diabetes brings!! NOT! :eek::rolleyes: Maybe when you switch they will do the fingerstick A1c testing...they do it right in the office, and you get results in 5 minutes. Every 6 months is crazy..I'm glad its every three now!

Oh, I know my thyroid is off again..:rolleyes: I have been getting bad headaches, and my hair just sheds like crazy!!! Those were my symptoms, and they're all here again. *sigh*

16. kierbabi09

thyroid problems run in my family. my mom even had surgery to remove part of hers. my pop (her father) had i don't know if it was hypo/hyper thyroidism. my sister has thyroid problems. i've got health problems all over my family. i could probably write a medical book with all the stuff in my family:rolleyes:

do you have hypo or hyper? or neither?

17. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Oh goodness..these autoimmune diseases are nuts!
    Umm..I have hashimotos (sp?) or something like that. I know its commonly linked with diabetes though.
    Haha..I could probably write a book too. We have had some interesting medical happenings in this family, and non medical for that matter!

18. kierbabi09

yeah it seems like a lot of the members/ kids with type 1 have hashimotos. i suck at remembering to take pills. i take pills so i know that a certain time of the month comes every month (those darn hormones are too high)
    i think that i forgot to mention this but when i go in september they are going to also check my c-peptide levels. and possibly anti-bodies again! so i should DEFINITELY get an answer soon!

19. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Awe. I'm ok about taking pills, but I'm bad about the thyroid meds..:eek:
    I hope you get answers about everything very soon!! The suspense makes it so hard to wait!!

20. kierbabi09

opps, little update
    i get checked tomorrow for C-peptide, thyroid and hormones. thought it was Sept. nope it's tomorrow. wish me luck!