- advertisement -

you know what i just noticed?

Discussion in 'Teens' started by kierbabi09, Aug 14, 2008.

1. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

in the song "Lovebug" from the jonas brothers new CD, the part where all you hear are the voices, on the middle of the song, someone shouts "DIABETES!" I just thought it a little strange, but it was kind of funny too.

2. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

I noticed that too!! I was like...HOW RANDOM!?!?! And then of course my little sister came running downstaires yelling "MALYSSA...THEY YELLED DIABETES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SONG!!" and then she started cracking up...she is very happy that Nick (her future husband!:rolleyes:) is so open about his diabetes, and likes to joke about it...for a while, she thought I was nuts when I joked about it!! :rolleyes:

P.S. I am crazy!!! Buut don't tell her that!! :p:cool:

3. kierbabi09

aren't we all? at least my family is! but..shhh!!! it's a secret

4. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

We must be!! My family is pretty crazy too!! Sometimes I wonder about them :rolleyes:, lol! Don't worry, your secret is safe with me!! :D

5. kierbabi09

thanks:) my family is really insane! my mom is truly crazy. but so is HER mom. i think it's genetic. maybe i should get tested for it:rolleyes:
    crazy is the new normal:)

6. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

LOL!!! My mom and her older sister are the same way!! I like being crazy though..its better than being boring!! :p

7. kierbabi09

pshhh!! who wats to be normal when we can all be crazy? ha, normal!

8. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Yup...I laugh at normal!!! :p I don't even believe there is such a thing in todays world, haha. However, "normal" blood sugars would be nice to have, because I sure dont appreciate the highs!!! :)

9. kierbabi09

i don't either. i haven't had a high since yesterdy morning and i was only 232. today i have been SOOO good;
    Before B: 100 after: 130
    before lunch: 76 after: 81

i haven't seen numbers like that in a LONG LONG time.

10. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

That is GREAT!!! I would die for those numbers right now..I am 496! :eek: However, I went to my pediatrician, and I have a really bad sinus infection, which ould be the cause of my crazy high numbers...that and the Lantus.

11. kierbabi09

aee..i hope that you feel better. god, i hate being that high. it stinks. can you try something different from Lantus? i hope that you come down soon.

12. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Well, I just took 17 units of novolog!!! :eek::eek: Thats the most I have EVER taken!! Hpefully that will bring me down. I can go back on my pump tomorrow, which I feel will greatly help..hopefully!

13. kierbabi09

yes!!! i'm so glad that you get your pumo back:) yeah malyssa!!! hopefully that will help your sugars to come down! and that is ALOT of insulin. hopefully you don't go low either!

14. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Oh my gosh, I know. Going low would just put the icing on the cake right now!! Thanks!! I can't wait to get my pump back on either..my endo obviously realized that taking it away was a mistake, thank goodness!! Oh yes, and I have some news on the cozmo issue..we are switching insurance, and smiths put it through our new insurance company already, and I think it's all systems go. We should know tomorrow afternoon, or early next week! It is such an awesome, featire-rich pump...I CAN'T WAIT!!! I can't get my hopes up though...just in case it doesnt work out. :cwds:

15. kierbabi09

wow. you are just full of good new today, aren't you? that's great! it sounds like you are finally getting the pump you want. hopefully you do, because i'm sure that it will surely help you! that is great news! keep us posted!

16. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Haha. Well, it's better than bad news! :p I really like the Cozmo, always have..the only reason I didnt go with it in 2006 was because my endo wanted me on a MM, so I just went with it, but I've always been a Cozmo fan. Whenever anyone asks, I tell them my honest opionion. I don't like the MM, and the OmniPod just didnt work out too well for me. I will deff keep you posted! =)
    Have you looked into pumps yet? Or are you not into the whole idea of pumping?

17. kierbabi09

i was going to ask about a pump yesterday but then i decided to wait until i see me new endo in November. i think he will more likely say yes to it. and i don't necessarily think we could affor it right now. i don't even know if my insurance will cover it. although they are covering MODY testing so i;m sure they will. but that is going to be the first thing i ask about in November. i like the One touch Ping:)

18. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Ohh. Yeah, it's a good idea to get everything situated first, and of course your test results! A lot of insurance companies cover the pumps 100% for the most part. We have never had to pay anything out of pocket for my MM or OmniPod. Both were covered 100%.
    I bet you are very excited about that November appointment...new endo..asking about pumps. All good things to look foward to! The One Touch Ping looks awesome!! I trialed an Animas 2020 a few months ago (in green!!) and I loved it. Its an awesome pump, and the Ping looks even cooler!

19. kierbabi09

right now i could care less about the test results, because A)i still have diabetes B)still take insulin and C)it won't really change anything.
    but i do have a question about pumps: do you have to pay for all the other stuff? like everthing that goes with it, or does insurace come with it? i'm still just researching right now so i;m just wondering.
    ...and i like the green one too but i REALLY liked the pink one.

20. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Awe!! It's true, unfortunately.
    The infusion sets and resevoirs are covered by insurance. I don't know if you have a copay, but if you do, thats what you have to pay, and it depends on what they cover. Some insurance covers it 100% others 80% or 90%. We pay 90$ every three months for pump supplies. You can call the insurance and ask..they will know.
    I didnt get to see a pink one in person, but it's the smae color as the pink ultramini, so...I love that one too!! :)