- advertisement -

Yeowzer, people are so divided on this

Discussion in 'US Health Care Reform' started by joy orz, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toni

Toni Banned

You know the saying "birds of a feather, flock together." No need for hand signals. Wolves travel in packs.....

2. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

Come on Toni, its getting a little ridiculous, don't you think

3. Lance

Lance Approved members

When Zane was first diagnosed, this place was really beneficial to us. Just know there were so many others walking the same path was comforting. Yesterday, I attended a meeting with the local Type 1 support group at a local park, and out of the dozen or so families in attendance, over half told me they had either quit posting here on CWD or they had left altogether. I hang around a lot, and post occasionally, but after the personal attacks on this thread, I can see why they left. Most of you that I've disagreed with have been very respectful, and I have tried to be the same. But there have been a few posts that have been so over the top, I just can't believe it.

4. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

5. Becky Stevens mom

Hi Mikey:D Everyone, this is my friend Mike. He hangs out more in the chat but I convinced him to check out the forums. Hes had d for over 40 years and is a heck of a bass player and beach bum;) and all around, awesome guy:)

6. pinkpanther

pinkpanther Approved members

Here is more about the business costs of this:

"Neither Waxman or Stupak- had anything more than a cursory understanding of how the many sections of the bill would impact business or even individual citizens before they voted on the bill, says House Energy Democrat staff. "We had memos on these issues, but none of our people, we think, looked at them," says a staffer. "When they saw the stories last week about the charges some of the companies were taking, they were genuinely surprised and assumed that the companies were just doing this to embarrass them. They really believed this bill would immediately lower costs. They just didn't understand what they were voting on."

http://spectator.org/archives/2010/03/29/obama-in-rude-denial

7. pinkpanther

I was emailed privately about this very same thing (by several people). I was told by a higher up that some people on here think they own the forums and act accordingly. As a consequence many people have left or refuse to post because of it. We can disagree and that's ok as long as it's done in a respectful manner. I just don't understand the hate.

8. pinkpanther

Ok, then prove that we are wrong and not just sling a personal attack that we've lost contact with reality. I've posted many, many links and articles.

9. pinkpanther

That's interesting you said that Lance, that's exactly what I heard too. I really, really listened trying to hear the N word (pausing, rewinding repeatedly) and just couldn't. Now, I can understand if the *thought* he heard it, he's entitled to his opinion and there was a lot of shouting going on. However, he told the press that charges and an arrest were made but capitol police said neither happened.

10. pinkpanther

Amen. I think both parties are corrupt and both need to clean house!

11. pinkpanther

By whose definition? The right to healthcare is not in our constitution and that's why people are so upset. Who gets to decide just what constitutes a right? Oh and btw, welcome to the forums! :D

12. pinkpanther

He sounds like a great guy and welcome Mike. Glad you can join us and I'm interested in hearing your perspective on this. However, didn't *somebody* on here say to Brenda: "I don't care who you are, it's rude to come on here and start posting in a new thread without introducing yourself!". Also, I believe I was called a troll and a puppet account for that very same reason? Didn't I also make the point that if I had come on here in support of the bill, you wouldn't have said those things? Double standard much?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  13. chammond

chammond Approved members

You really need to let stuff go

14. pinkpanther

I have a problem with double standards and so should everyone else on here. I would have said the same thing had this been aimed at anyone else (and not me personally) even if I didn't agree with them.

15. Lee

Lee Approved members

Pink Panther,

Here you said several people pm'd you:

And here you say 1 person pm'd you:

Honestly, so which is it?

Should we all list how many pm's we have gotten about the different topics being discussed? Because I sure the hell got a lot of pats on the back for telling...

The people that I KNOW have left are becuase of people in this thread. I can think of two very well loved users who left because of very specific people who have posted in this thread. These two people were attacked about a year ago by one poster here today...

And no - it wasn't a member of 'the gang' that caused them to leave.

I am just so surprised that this thread has gone from talking about health care reform into a personal bashing session. Enjoy!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  16. Becky Stevens mom

I have in fact seen alot of the people in this very thread stay up half the night because their friends child was sick or a newbie had come in and was frightened and didnt know where to turn for reassurance and comfort. Ive gotten many PMs myself saying that I and others have provided that.

We're not bad people in CWD. We have families, CWD and other kids too. We love, we fear, we hope,we get disapointed, we get angry, we disagree, we laugh together and mourn children like Trent together, we gather around a friend who lost her husband who she loved dearly, we gather around and worry about a friends child who is in the hospital in DKA, we gather around and love a very brave Mother who lost her beautiful, sweet daughter to undiagnosed diabetes. We exchange phone #s and email addresses, we go to the beach and FFL together and have the joy of finally turning those cyber hugs into real ones:cwds:

17. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

I'm going to respond to the last bit here and then close this thread.

The CWD Forums are here to support families who have children with type 1 diabetes, as well as adults with type 1 diabetes. That is our mission, and that is why I created CWD 15 years ago.

The forums offer a place for people to share what has worked and not worked, so that we may all help our kids to live well. If there are problems in the forums, I am always happy to listen to suggestions.

But I'm frankly tired of a couple of people who seem to have decided that their mission in life is to trash CWD here and elsewhere. If you don't fiind the forums to be helpful, then please look elsewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.