- advertisement -

Yeah...

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Volleyball_Chick_15, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Volleyball_Chick_15

Volleyball_Chick_15 Approved members

I was just wondering if any of ya'll talk to your pumps? I do when it beeps I tell it to shut-up which is quite funny when I am in a room full of people I seem to get wierd looks from people hmm i wonder why? Haha.

Molly =)

2. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

I don't have a pump (yet) but I was "talking" to Malyssa and she DOES talk to Fuschia Nemo (her pump) and I'm sure I will to when I get mine:rolleyes:;):D

3. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Yup. I do talk to my pump...all the time actually...take today for example...
    I was 65 three hours after breakfast, and I'm in the middle of English class, asking my pump "why did you tell me to give so much for my 18 carb breakfast!?!?" :eek: It was quite funny, and the girl who sits behind me in that class started cracking up, and she was like..."I do that all the time!!" (yes, she has diabetes and wears a pump too, lol) :) So, I'm not the only one!!! :cool:

4. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

I talk to my pump all the time. You need a name for your pump :) My pump's name is Peyore Razzmatazz Squirt.

5. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

I can't help but talk to my pump, it's just there. Sometimes it an insult, like "shut up" or "I'm going to throw you out the window." But then there are it's times where we are best buds.

P.S. When your talking to your pump it really does sound like your talking to a person

6. Volleyball_Chick_15

7. Volleyball_Chick_15

That is so true!

8. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

i mutter to it when it goes off, especially if it goes off when i don't want it to. something like 'zip it' or something:cool:. but other than that i don't really talk to it. but i do talk to myself a ton. it's a family trait, i think, my mom does it and so does my grandma:p

9. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Kiersten is a professional pump namer. Just tell her your favorite Disney character, or what kind of Disney you like (ex. Beauty and the Beast, Peter Pan, Finding Nemo etc..) and she'll figure something out. That's her method :D.

As for talking, I talk more in my head than out loud, cause I can get pretty silly, and then embarrassed out loud :D. But I growl at it :p!! And sometimes I'm like "dorkhead," "loser," but the other day, I told him that he deserved a gold star, 'cause I'd have good bg's all day :D. I need to go buy some...

10. Volleyball_Chick_15

I have afficially named my pump thanks to Kiersten her name is..Tinkerbell Cadet

11. karpoozi123

karpoozi123 Approved members

I totally talk to my pump. For example, it will give me a low reservoir warning and I snap at KKK: "I KNOW!!"

12. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

KKK? What is that? fyi, i would not use that abbreviation.....

13. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

i believe that KKK stands for krazy killarney kiersten...she named it after me:D That is SO cool. I think that i'm one of the first people to have a pump hamed after her:cool:. (or him)

14. someone

someone Approved members

No, but I have wanted to throw it accross the room when it wakes me up in the middle of the night to say "Low cartridge", yet, I have plenty of insulin to last through the night.

You guys that talk to your pumps need to go see a psychologist... they can help you. :p hehe

15. sar

sar Approved members

haha yeah. i'll be like "what are you talking about?!" if it tells me to do an odd amount of insulin, and if it beeps i'll be like "shut up." :cwds: oh well.