- advertisement -

Yay!!!

Discussion in 'Teens' started by malyssa, Apr 3, 2009.

1. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

I don't know if you all remember, but I got a MM cgm approved a while back, but I didn't want the MM, but rather the Dexcom, so we had to go through the process of getting it approved again. Well, let me just tell you all something...MM was being VERY sneaky and told my insurance company that they shipped me the cgm!! :eek::mad: And they never did!! :mad: We cancelled it, but they wanted us to stay with them so they lied to the insurance company! :mad: Boy, MM just keeps getting on our bad side more and more...but thats my opinion only, I know many people love it! Anyways, my Dexcom got approved today, and I should HOPEFULLY have it by next week!! I'm very excited! :D

2. rachabetic

rachabetic Approved members

Congrats! It looks like we will start CGMing around the same time. I just got my MM CGM approved 2 days ago. I was jumping and screaming with joy. lol :D

3. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

Congratulations!!!

You will have to let us know how the 7+ goes!

4. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

Congrats Malyssa:) That is so exciting. I hope that you like it.

5. Jordan

Jordan Approved members

wohoo! that's great! I hope everything goes well for you!

6. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

Oh thats exciting. :) I really want a dexcom cgm, but no one in my area has tried one yet, so my doctors are a little afraid to try it. Luckily, the Riley Children's Hospital in Indianapolis (about an hour away from me) is thinking about doing a trial with some patients. I'm trying to get in on it. Anyway, let me know how you like it, I'm curious about it. :D Good luck.

7. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

LOL! That was just what I did too! :D
    Hey, now we can share our frustrations of the beginings together, LOL!

Do you know when you are starting yet?

8. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Oh, I definately will! I am psyched! I've been keeping my eye on the Dex since it's early days of three day sensor wear, lol. So I'm excited about the 7+

Thanks guys! :D

Same here...no one in my endo's office has ever used it, seen it, and most of them never even heard of it before! They like the MM one, and all of their patients that have cgms are on MM, with the exception of two who are on Navigator. I faught them on it big time until the wrote the letter for me, LOL. So I will be their first patient on it and I will be trained with all of them (someone help me- training WITH my endo and his staff :eek::rolleyes:). I will definately keep you updated on it and I'll try and take pictures so you can see the size and stuff in comparison to the pump, site, etc. :D

9. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Mom just told me it will be here by Tuesday/Wednesday of this coming week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

10. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

That is wonderful! I know you will love it, I do! It is so nice to have arrows showing where you are going, rather than guessing like onn the previous dexcom. One thing you should know, is that the new Dex has "Event Markers" to show when you take insulin, eat carbs, exercise, etc., but the software that makes you able to see those has not been released yet. I was marking my carbs faitfully until I realizzed they gave me the old Dexcom software. We called and they said the new software hasn't come out yet. Oh well, I still love it, and you will too!

11. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Thanks!! I am really excited, and I think I will like it too!
    I have a question though...you know, the dreaded one, lol...
    Does the insertion hurt at all? I only tried the MM cgm, so I don't know bout the Dex. :eek:

12. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

Since they last for about 10-15 days for me, I have only done a few. Out of the 4-5 I have done, only one of them hurt. If you do it right it does not hurt at all. Here is a link to a video showing how to insert and remove a site. I think the worst part is pulling the inserter off the sute.

13. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Thanks for that, I never watched the whole thing, lol. You'd think after three years I'd be fine with injections/site changes/needles in general...nope! :eek::rolleyes: Still freak me out sometimes, especially when its 'new'. I'm glad they go pretty smooth for you, hopefully I'll have the same experience...if not, it's ELMA for me! :eek::p

14. rachabetic

rachabetic Approved members

That is the same thing I am doing. I have seen pics of the MM sensor...that thing is huge (i'm not sure how the dexcom is). But I am gonna try a few times...and if the pain is bad... then i'm going for the numbing cream. I'm actually gonna ask my endo for the perscription on tuesday when I have my appt. I hope he doesn't think I am a baby. :eek: But yeah...I totally understand what you mean about still being freaked out by needles...I am, and I'm going on 11 years of habing D.:eek:

15. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

I did a trial with the MM cgms back in December. It wasn't too bad...but when it got ripped out by accident- ouch!
    11 years, wow!! I only have 3 years under my belt. I will probablly be freaked out by needles for the rest of my life, always have been, lol. :eek:

Yeah, the MM needle is huge, which is another reason I went with Dex. The introducer needle is tiny. But that doesn't mean it's not going to hurt, LOL!

16. here you are again

here you are again Approved members

i can't believe mm did that! that's seriously awful! but congrats!