- advertisement -

Wtf?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Teens' started by BobbyJackElmo, Nov 1, 2008.

1. BobbyJackElmo

BobbyJackElmo Approved members

Soo Friday morning I was 56 and my teacher was busy so I told her helper that I was low she said okay and told me to drink some thing and she went to go get me something to eat soo my teacher is doing attendance and looks at me and starts yelling at me trying to figure out what im drinking and why i didnt tell her.... WTF I'm not gonna mak stop some thing when theres some one else i can tell. Then later on we were doing relays and i told her i was high (396 thanks to the low) and i didnt feel good and wasnt gonna do it so i went and sat down. Later on at lunch she tried getting every one to vote on going to art class or her class to get candy or some thing and i told her i was about to leave so she yelled at me that she was tired of my attitude that day. I cant stop highs and lows so she needs some friggin help. Then my friend was texting her mom her blood sugar and the principal took her phone away!! Well she told my mom and my mom got it back for her. =]]

2. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

Sounds like you had a pretty rough day. Any chance you have a 504 plan on file at school?

3. type?girl1018

type?girl1018 Approved members

Wow that sounds like a bad day! i hate when teachers dont understand these things it is soo annoying!

4. BobbyJackElmo

It's a private school and the principal thought the 504 wasnt neccesary because all of the teachers would know and understand this stuff..... lets say no one does at all. I had this teacher last year cause she teaches two grades. I had the same problem with the drama teacher and the first time i was low I told her I needed to eat some thing so she tried to get me to sit out side and eat because we have a new school and it doesnt need to get dirty. I hate this. And one of the teachers (that I know of) doesnt know the difference between t1 and t2. I swear I'm smarter than them it's sad.

5. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Awww I'm sorry you had such a rough day. (((hugs))) I hope you have a better day on Monday.

6. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

looks like you're walking a rough road at school. I go to a private school (and have since i was 4), but my teachers are generally good about my d. Because my school doesn't receive fed funding, I can't have a 504 so I have an IHP. The school has agreed to follow it, but there is no legal binding in an IHP.
    Maybe you could ask the principal about doing an inservice on d. You could try to bring a nurse to talk to them. Your school should not allow this to happen it just isn't right. Do you have a nurse at your school?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  7. BobbyJackElmo

No, no nurse but there is one lady that does glucagon and stuff. My mom and principal think theres no need for any meetings or any thing. I would be better off at public school. Monday who knows probably as bad because my teacher doesnt like me. I want to do a 504 or some thing but cant convince anyone.

8. JordynS

JordynS Approved members

thats reallly dumb that they dont have a nurse oooorrrrr a 504 plan. That just doesnt seem right to me!!

Maybe you could convince your parents to go in and have a meeting with the pricipal, and work out either a 504 agrement, or an IHP.

and as for the teachers-
    tell her one day be like" dude i have diabetes, and i cant control it or the mood it uts me in, so when you freak out on me i freak out on you. If you calm yourself down, then i wont get an attitude. lol."

thats what i do..
    if someone goes at me with a bad attitude, it puts me in one, when really if they woyuldnt freak i wouldnt freak..

GRRR.. quite frusterating.

9. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

From what I have heard, Micki can't get a 504 because she goes to a private school. The school doesn't receive federal funding, so they don't have to abide by the 504. She can get an IHP though, I think.

10. s0ccerfreak

that is correct. Micki, do your parents know what is going on at school? Try talking to your endo or cde, they might be able to help.

11. BobbyJackElmo

My teacher would NOT understand she would send me to independent study (ISSP). All of my friends that know just about every thing about me and uunderstand this stuff tell me the same thing but my teacher is PMSingall year I guess. =]

12. BobbyJackElmo

I told my mom but she wont do anything so I'm all on my own doing this stuff and I really dont want to explain to every teacher I have about Diabetes and blah blah blah. The principal should just tell them. It's not hard to notice though since I have a pump. Soo now I get to explain to my art, drama, chorus, and dance teachers so they will just leave me alone but then my "normal" teacher will just be herself. I dont know what to do because my mom and principal think they know and they will understand easily. :confused:

13. s0ccerfreak

Talk to your endo or cde. They should be able to help you come up with a plan. Maybe they could email your principal or teachers about you having d, how d affects you, what you need access to at all times, and say to call or email with any questions. My cde is very good at writing this kind of stuff for me-school, travel, act, work. This way the teachers won't think you're just making something up. You could also ask your endo or cde for a copy of it with their sig for you to carry at school in case you are having issues

14. BobbyJackElmo

I dont know cause its really confusing for me now because i got into an arguement with my principal about the drama teacher when I had problems with him about this stuff. I'll talk to my endo but it's a few months before I go. =/ Well I'm glad I have a really long weekend and the walk in 2 days. =]

15. s0ccerfreak

email or call somebody at your endo clinic over the weekend.

16. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

I'll bit-em for you Micki(yay Jess finally got it right)

17. BobbyJackElmo

Lolol. You need a big congrats party. XP

18. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Jess you remind me so much of me. I'm so horrible with names!

19. Rukio

Rukio Banned

o_O, I hate teachers that are mean D:<

I had a teacher who wouldn't let me use the restroom in 5th grade (before diagnosis) and I almost peed my pants in class.
    (M=teacher
    R=me)
    R: *raises hand*
    M: yes, R?
    R: Can I go use the restroom?
    M: Sure. *sits at her desk which I will have to pass to go to the restroom*
    R: *gets up from desk and takes a step past Ms desk*
    M: *smashes fists on desk* GO SIT DOWN R, PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO READ!*
    R: *o_O* *looks at M* *anime panic face* *goes back to desk and starts fidgeting*
    I had to sit there another 30 minutes. x.x >.> Same teacher when I left the school said she would miss me.

20. josmom

josmom Approved members

WOW!!! once i had a sub who said i was lying when i said i need 2 go 2 the nurse and i had 2 calll the principal 2 make him believe me. 4 being teachers, some r really dumb...