- advertisement -

Writing Contest Winner!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'School and Daycare' started by Paige's Dad, May 8, 2007.

1. Paige's Dad

Paige's Dad Approved members

Paige is in the 3rd grade and goes to a school that has 3rd through 5th grade. Here is the short story that she wrote that went on to win the schools writing contest.

"The Leprechaun" By Paige Rockhold

One afternoon as I was walking home, I saw a big, blue pot with gold coins and someone standing by it. The person was shorter than I was and was wearing green clothes from head to toe. I asked him what his name was. He replied, "Luck the Leprechaun." I was very surprised at what he said. My eyes grew wide, my jaw dropped, and I dropped my bag. Lucky looked confused and asked, "Is something wrong?" I blinked a few times and said, "No! But I wasn't really sure." Lucky stuck his hand in the pot and took out a big coin. Lucky handed me the coin and started to whistle. Then a few minutes later a white unicorn appeared. He told me the unicorn's name was Wishes. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was a real unicorn! Wishes walked over to me and cocked her head a little to the left. I looked at Lucky and then at Wishes. Then Lucky started telling me about what I was supposed to do. "First," he said, "give me back the coin." I gave him the coin. "Second," he said, "get on Wishes." I looked at him confused but got on anyway. "Third," he said, "spell Lucky and Wishes." I spelled the names, "L-U-C-K-Y Lucky, W-I-S-H-E-S Wishes." "Very good," he said, "now say the names together." "Lucky Wishes!" I said. "Now," he said in a whispered voice, "make a wish!" I made a wish. I wished to be friends with Lucky and Wishes. "It came true!" Lucky said. "Oh, the magic of friendship, isn't it wonderful!" "Yes!" I said with glee. "Yes, yes it is, Lucky!" Lucky smiled and gave me a four leaf clover coin. "Thank you!" I said. "Thank you very much, Lucky!" Lucky whistled and the pot disappeared. I walked home with Lucky and Wishes with a big grin on my face. I was happy to have a new friend and he was a Leprechaun!

We were so proud of her, what an imagination. Have a good day.

2. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

Excellant Paige!

3. Stacey Nagel

Stacey Nagel Approved members

a really nice story...
    so proud of her !!:cool:

4. Rhonda

Rhonda Approved members

Good job Paige keep up the good work.

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  5. terezia

terezia New Member

Norris Family

:D
    Good Job Paige. Keep up the good work sweet heart. You will be writting books before you know it.

love from Terezia
    Brianna dx 27 feb 06
    Phoebe
    Liam

6. jfrplyr

jfrplyr New Member

Congratulations Paige

Hi Paige
    Your story was great!!!!! Me and Poppy are so proud of you.

love you much
    Mana and Poppy

7. chucksard@gmail.com

chucksard@gmail.com New Member

Good work, Paige, Keep up the good work,
    Uncle Chuck & Aunt Fran. I'm manas brother and your mothers godfather

8. psardo

psardo New Member

Nice Job Paige ! Congratulations !
    I'm your cousin Phil from Michigan. I know you don't remember me but we did meet on one of your trips to PA. Keep up the good work.

9. jfrplyr

jfrplyr New Member

Paige

Hi Paige.
    We Liked your story very much. You did a great job.
    We told Mana to tell you how much we liked your story.

Love Aunt Rosie & Uncle Beansey

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  10. samianed

samianed New Member

Congratulations Paige!!!

That was a great story!! Who knows ... maybe you'll be a famous writer someday! Your cousin ... Cheryl