- advertisement -

Wrestler needs your help!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by WrestleMom, Mar 24, 2011.

1. WrestleMom

WrestleMom New Member

Removed by user

I originally posted something that was meant to be positive but since I realized that this might not be taken that way by everyone I am removing it.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  2. caspi

caspi Approved members

I'm confused.... :confused: This is your first post and you would like us to vote for someone that we don't know, simply because he has diabetes? :confused: :confused: :confused:

3. caspi

caspi Approved members

No offense taken - it just seemed a little bit random and out of the blue to me as the website you posted didn't have any info on the team, players, etc. (or maybe I didn't look close enough!) I'm also not so sure how fair it is to the other contestants as we don't know any of them, but that's just my opinion. :cwds:

In any event, congrats to your son's wrestling team!

4. Snowbound

Snowbound Approved members

People are sometimes suspicous of first time posters who ask for something or make provocative posts rather then introducing themselves because this community has been burned by scammers a number of times.

In your case google shows that Conor is indeed a diabetic wrestler and I also see that you used to post here under a different name. I assume that you've forgotten your old login information;

http://forums.childrenwithdiabetes.com/showthread.php?t=6167

5. MomofConor

MomofConor Approved members

thank you for your support

Wow-how suprised was I see to see that a stranger, I mean that in the nicest of ways, we have never met.... was trying to rally votes for my son Conor. This is a legitimate poll, by www.TheShoreConference.com for choosing a wrestler of the year. We are very honored to be nominated and would appreciate all the support we can get. Yes, indeed, my son Conor is a Type 1 Diabetic and having a very successful career with wrestling. He loves the sport and spends all his time and energy making himself better at it. He is amazing at making this sport work WITH his diabetes-which can be challenging at best. If anyone would like to vote you can to to www.theshoreconfernce.com and go all the way to the right and click on CONOR BRENNAN. Cast your vote and tell Diabetes it won't stop our KIDS!
    Thanks again :) we love you.

6. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

I just voted Michelle:) Conor is doing real well in the standings. Would it be ok with you if I posted this on my FB and told people a little about Conor. I would quote your post here.

7. caspi

caspi Approved members

Just voted as well, Michelle! :) I am sorry if I scared your friend off, it wasn't by intention. :( It just seemed so out of left field and not having any info to go on, I was leery. I didn't even realize until I came back on here right now that she deleted all her posts. I apologize if I came across as rude! :cwds:

8. FloridaMom

FloridaMom Approved members

Voted! Good luck!

9. MomofConor

It is definitely ok to re-post this to Face Book or anywhere else you would like. I feel so bad that the original poster, someone I don't even know, felt bad about posting asking for votes for a fellow diabetic child-athlete. Again, thank so much for taking time, and having heart to post that in support of my son.

Thanks to everyone who has voted-I know we are all busy and it's very kind to take time from your day and support my son. I am touched and my son thanks everyone also. This renews my hope in people right now....this group is fantastic!

10. MomofConor

This wasn't Christina's son she was writing about. This is my son. Christina and I don't even know each other, and I was very touched that she reached out to the diabetes forum looking for support for someone she doesn't even know. How would it ever hurt to vote for a kid for being a good wrestler? I am missing something here...but more information about Conor----->

Conor is 18 years old, a senior at Brick Twsp. High School. He was diagnosed in 8'th grade, at 14 years old, with Type 1 diabetes. I have been posting here since then. I was devastated with the diagnosis, as I am sure we are were when our children were diagnosed. I reached out to this forum and got lots of love and support-and found out that we would be alright :) Conor just took third in the state of NJ in wrestling at 152 lbs. and he is wrestling in Senior Nationals next week in Virginia Beach. He was the first wrestler in our High School to win 100 matches during his high school career. He also maintains a "B" average with his wrestling career.

I am very proud of him and I thank you for all your support. Please don't be rough on people asking for support for a kid, what harm could it really do? Kids are good.

11. emm142

emm142 Approved members

We've had a few people take advantage here before, and I think it's just a bit of a red flag for someone's first post to be asking for something. I'm glad it's been cleared up that this is genuine and I hope your friend won't be scared away because of it.

I'm about to vote for Conor. He and I are the same age and were only diagnosed a few days apart. It's great to see that someone else isn't letting D stop them from doing what they love. :)

12. caspi

caspi Approved members

Well, apparently my apology fell on deaf ears. :rolleyes: It wasn't my intention to be rough on anyone, I was just looking for more information as this person, who had never posted here before, was asking us to vote for someone that I didn't have a clue about.

13. BeastDNA

BeastDNA New Member

Hi - I’m not sure if I’m using this correctly but I need help. My 14 year old wrestler was just diagnosed . We would like to connect with other wrestling parents and TD1 children so that we can prepare for our wrestling future . Derek loves the sport passionately and we want to make sure that he continues to do what he loves

QUOTE="MomofConor, post: 716929, member: 2134"]This wasn't Christina's son she was writing about. This is my son. Christina and I don't even know each other, and I was very touched that she reached out to the diabetes forum looking for support for someone she doesn't even know. How would it ever hurt to vote for a kid for being a good wrestler? I am missing something here...but more information about Conor----->

Conor is 18 years old, a senior at Brick Twsp. High School. He was diagnosed in 8'th grade, at 14 years old, with Type 1 diabetes. I have been posting here since then. I was devastated with the diagnosis, as I am sure we are were when our children were diagnosed. I reached out to this forum and got lots of love and support-and found out that we would be alright :) Conor just took third in the state of NJ in wrestling at 152 lbs. and he is wrestling in Senior Nationals next week in Virginia Beach. He was the first wrestler in our High School to win 100 matches during his high school career. He also maintains a "B" average with his wrestling career.

I am very proud of him and I thank you for all your support. Please don't be rough on people asking for support for a kid, what harm could it really do? Kids are good.[/QUOTE]

14. BeastDNA

BeastDNA New Member

Sorry if I’m positing incorrectly . Desperate mom of a 14 year old newly diagnosed wrestler looking for tips and guidance with the sport and the diagnosis .