advertisement

Would like to donate Enlite sensors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lightnng, Jan 16, 2018.

1. lightnng

lightnng Approved members

First apologies to anyone who attempted to reach out to me about my post last year. I lost access to the forums, regained it, lost it again, and recovered it again now. Hopefully it won't happen anymore.

Anyway, to the point of this post.

Both my son and I switched from Medtronic's CGM to Dexcom over the past 4 months, and as a result I have a stack of Enlite sensors which are still good and will go to waste.

Ideally I'd like to send them to someone who needs them because they have insurance trouble and can't afford to buy them. If it's for a child/teen, all the better, but adults need help too, sometimes.

I have a total of 6 boxes of 5 sensors each, plus an open box with 3 (sealed) sensors left.

I am happy to send to multiple people. I'd just like to see them getting used. I tried to look for resources online where I might be able to donate these, but couldn't find one (IFL mostly wants insulin).

So... anyone in need?

2. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

We recently received a significant amount of diabetes supplies to donate. Based on a recommendation from a physician, I contacted our local St. Vincent de Paul charitable pharmacy and they gladly accepted everything -- insulin, sensors, etc. They remove all identifying information and provide the supplies to local people with diabetes who are struggling to pay for their supplies.

3. lightnng

Sounds like a great idea. Let me see if I can find a similar resource locally.

4. lightnng

Unfortunately, looks like there is no such thing here. Thank you for the idea, Jeff.

So... anyone? I'd hate to see these go to waste.