- advertisement -

Worst feeling in the world.....

Discussion in 'Teens' started by k.hawkins92, Feb 11, 2009.

1. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

I can't believe this happened.....

So today at lunch, like every other day, I brought my bag to the table (you all know the one I'm talking about, the one with the strips, tester, extra supplies, ect). I checked my sugar, which is not relevant to this story, but I was 141 in case you were wondering. So I eat my food, bolus, blah blah blah. I've been through this routine a thousand times before. Five minutes before class starts back up, I packed up my things, and headed for math. About an hour into class, I started to get a slight headache. I decided to check my sugar just to make sure I wasn't dropping (I knew it would be high because I just ate, but I just wanted to be sure). Here's where things get interesting. So, I go to get my strips and poker, but....I can't find my poker. I checked under my desk, on my desk, in my pockets...I checked everywhere. I didn't have it. :eek: I thought I was going having a heart attack. I kept thinking that someone must have found it, I wondered what they would do with it. Would they throw it away? Would they accidentaly poke themselves? Would they poke themselves on purpose? I was no longer even pretending to listen to the lesson, but instead I got up and told my teacher, in front of the class "I have to go, I lost my finger poker". Lucky for me, she's a type 2, so she knew what I was referring to. I ran out of the room (yes, I ran), into the hallway, and started making my way back to the lunch room, while checking the floors that whole way. I came to a dusty old corner by a window, and there, lancet exposed, was my poker.
    I could have cried I was so happy. It had evidently fallen out of my bag, and was kicked into the corner. I put in a new lancet right away and it works like new. I just really hope no one got poked by it. :eek::confused:

That was so scary. If you've ever misplaced some of your D supplies, you know that feeling. It feels like someone reached into your stomach and tied it in a knot without your consent........ugh.

Well, on the upside of today, I recieved my sample of the Insets, I tried one tonight and I like them. I think I'm going to switch permanently some time soon.

Thanks for reading.

2. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Oh my! That's scary...I've never lost my poker before.

3. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

we left my med bag at home one time.......but i was like 11 or 12 and i thought it was great :p

4. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Ugh.. I lost my novorapid pen before, in school. I was so high; it was amazingly bad timing, I had to run into my friend's class (she has D too) and ask to borrow hers. I was sooo scared that someone would inject themselves with it, 'cause there were needles in there as well. I found it a couple of days later, under the desk in one of my classrooms. Someone had obviously wound up the top and pressed it down without a needle on, because the bit that the needle goes into on the end of the cartridge had been exploded outwards from the pressure, and there was insulin all over the place... I hate losing / forgetting D stuff.

5. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

ugh, I know. It's not happened to me very often, but when it does....oh dear. I hate it so much.