- advertisement -

World Diabetes Day Celebrations

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Jen, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Jen

Jen Approved members

With World Diabetes day on November 14, just wondering what fellow Canadians are doing to celebrate the day?

2. chkpea

chkpea Approved members

hi Jen....

looking for ideas as well. BTW you are really close to where I am and I know someone in Sunderland - her name is Jen! What clinic do you go to? You can PM if you would like...

3. Jen

Jen Approved members

World Diabetes Day

I hope more people did WDD things than replied to this post! ;)

I ended up getting together with a phenomenal group of T1 young (and young at heart) adults in Toronto to celebrate World Diabetes Day with a WDD-themed Photo Scavenger Hunt in the city. We had over 40 people come out! It was amazing!

Hoping to have an even bigger (and better, not sure if that's possible, though!) event next year!

Here's a pic of (most of) the group.
    [​IMG]

4. Skyefire

Skyefire Approved members

Jen that is amazing!! Great Job...here we lit out house blue, and then the kids had a WDD party and took part in the big blue test, but having a 14 minute parade waving there flags all dressed in blue! I have to give credit to my sister for that one, she really shocked me that she did it but the kids had a blast!http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=568282&id=546740552&l=2f1f0535a4

5. Jen

Jen Approved members

Skyefire, that party looks like SO much fun (and the kids are super cute, too!)
    Awesome!!