- advertisement -

Wohooo! Good BG day

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Danielle2008, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

For the last week(starting last Friday) I have been having daily highs and lows(270's+ - 40's etc). It has literally been a roller coaster, and not a fun one. There had been absolutely no rhyme or reason for the ups and downs daily...that is, until I spoke with my new Endo on Tuesday(who I absolutely LOVE, really understanding and listens well to all concerns...which I have a lot of lol).

He felt the all over the place numbers was a result of my basal, a lack of it. A family friend of mine who has T1, also felt my roller coaster numbers reminded her of what her #'s would look like if she was correcting BG with just shots throughout the day(no background basal)...so it made sense that my Lantus was the culprit this time. Anyway, he upped my Lantus from 7 to 10u, but told me to adjust slowly(he also tweaked my I:C ratios a bit). So for the last week I have been bumping my lantus up every other night or so, until last night when I finally gave the full recommended amount.

HUGE improvement. No lows today, and no highs....I feel great. Amazing how draining it can be having daily highs and lows constantly.

Here were my numbers from today

8:03am 111( not bad, but he would be alright with me waking up 80-100)
    11:05am 118
    12:26pm 108
    2:51pm 105
    3:22pm 103
    5:59pm 101
    8:39pm 123
    11:33pm 125

It was unintentional, but I did not have an ounce of carbs(beyond a few 0 carb snacks) between 2:51 and 8:39. I was pretty ecstatic by how stable my numbers remained through that, and that I didn't have a low at work.

All I have to say, is....wohooo. I hope the numbers continue! I did make one mental note though. I am nearing the amount of Lantus I required when I was first diagnosed 5 1/2 months ago (I believe it was 12 or 14 units they gave me). Amazing how this honeymoon thing works:rolleyes:

I have noticed a few posts about good BG days, now I can finally join you all(even if it only lasts a few days;))

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  2. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

Good job, Danielle, those numbers are AMAZING!!! I wish that everybody here saw more numbers like that.:)

3. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

YAY!!!!
    i just love it when my BS is perfect all day, it makes me feel like i didn't 'mess up'. i mean, i know a lot of the time it's not our fault, but some times it still feels that way:(