advertisement

Wisdom teeth

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by ecs1516, Jun 11, 2015.

1. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

For you older teens/college kids. Have you had to get those wisdom teeth out? They are saying my son's should come out to prevent problems later.
    They are not bothering him not, but not totally out.

2. njswede

njswede Approved members

My dentist said the same. I had four that were not fully out. One gave me trouble when I was in my 30s and I had to have it pulled. The rest are still there and I'm in my mid 40s no without any problems.

3. Michelle'sMom

Michelle'sMom Approved members

We got 2 differing opinions when my oldest (now 34) was in her late teens. Clearly I went with the wrong one. Her bottom teeth are now crooked from partially impacted wisdom teeth. Thankfully, she has excellent dental insurance & will be getting her braces next week. My CWD will be having hers removed soon.

4. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

Our daughter had her's out about a year after dx. It went well even though she didn't take the steroids they prescribe afterwards. She didn't want her bg's to be difficult to deal with due to steriod related insulin resistance. She also chose to do a local instead of the IV. All went well!