- advertisement -

Winter Swap !

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by zimbie45, Dec 16, 2009.

1. kyleesmom

kyleesmom Approved members

I got my package today!

Thanks Marisa(hold48398)! So nicely wrapped too :) My DH and kids tried to tell me that I had to wait until Christmas, but I didnt. The candles smell great, the candy couldnt have been timed better since I can now eat it and the knitting book is perfect. Ive already been online looking for yarn, Im hoping to get a pretty good handle on how to do it over Christmas break. Thanks again, everything is perfect :D

Jill

2. hold48398

hold48398 Approved members

Yay, I am so glad :). I meant to send it earlier but then my kids got sick, so I am so happy you got it in time. I wasn't sure about the candles as I knew you didn't like soy candles..not sure what they were :eek:. The knitting book looked perfect...knitting is FUN!! :) I hope it is a good beginner guide and easy to understand for you. And as far as the chocolate goes, well, I am SWISS, so I just couldn't send you chocolate that wasn't LOL:rolleyes:.

I'm so glad you liked it! Merry Christmas!! :)

3. kyleesmom

kyleesmom Approved members

The book is perfect, I've already ordered a bunch of yarn and some needles. Im going to start small with the washclothes and maybe a simple scaft, and then there is a basket weave scarf and a raglan sweater in it that I absolutely love. I hope to do a bunch of the projects over the next few weeks.

4. Gaia

Gaia Approved members

It came today. Thank you!!! I love it, its so cute and goes along with my snowman theme :D Its 3 fleece snowmen w/ pine branches and snow in a red pail that says "PEACE" I have it sitting in front of my tree until I can decide where to put it. And the nice thing is, I can leave it out all winter long!!! Thank you so much again, Wendy

(Id post a pic of it if I could figure out how lol)

5. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

I'm anxious tohear if my swapee got the package. I sent two packages to my dd in TX the same day and she got them on Sat. I most likely won't be here when my package gets here, but that's okay. The one who had my name had to contact me because apparently I had put the wrong address down. So I know who it is and I know it's coming.

6. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

It came today. You were more than generous with the gift card, the socks fit (and as you can see with me wearing the boot, I really need socks), and I like winnie the pooh. I got my (13 yo) brother to take a picture of me wearing the socks. Thanks!

[​IMG]

BTW, I too am curious about if my swappee has gotten what I sent.

7. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

Glad to hear you got it Jonah, and that you like it. Like I said, I'm not using to buying for men your age. Now with 6 girls.

8. Mikker

Mikker Approved members

Lovin this swapee thing... just received ours. Love the movie, the "Zits" book, and the D CD.... cool! Much thanks to our secret santa... we'll find you yet. :D

9. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Thank you sooooo much!!!! Got it today!:D
    Love the sleep mask (totally cute), the hand-pampering stuff and the frame!!!!
    Thank you for the card as well, and loved the wrapping paper.:D That cheered me up for the rest of the day.

Ummm, I opened it right away.:eek: Don't ask a Virgo to wait til Christmas!

I hope the person I sent my package to gets it soon.:(

10. hold48398

hold48398 Approved members

I haven't received anything yet :(

11. PAULEEN

PAULEEN Approved members

I am SO happy you got it in time!! ENJOY. :D Merry Christmas

12. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

GUESS what I got today!!!:D Mailman had a hard time delivering mail, due to all the snow we have had. :(

Thanks Paula!!! I'm not sure what I like the most, the bath fizz/scrubby. I love the pouch the fizzies came in. The Chocolate, tea or candles. Oh and the ornaments are perfect. We lost most of ours last year when we had the flooding in our basement.

Everything is just PERFECT!!!!!

Thank you a million times over!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

13. Leece

Leece Approved members

My package was mailed on Dec 21 and should take 11 business days to arrive in TX. Sorry for the delay in mailing:)

14. KatieJane'smom

KatieJane'smom Approved members

My package got mailed out late, as well. I hadn't expected a trip to the emergency room the day after surgery so that sort of put a kink in all my plans.

I sincerely apologize for the delay and hope your gift arrived at least the day after Christmas??!!

15. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

My second package should be arriving soon to someone in the north...

16. lil'Man'sMom

I love the belated Christmas gifts!!!!! It was like Christmas all over, the entire family helped open it (even the older sons).

Carol (jcanolson) - THANK-YOU so very much for the great gifts...
    I love the candle holders with tea lights. What can I say about chocolate and hot coco...YUMMY. My teenage son swiped a pair of the socks (even though they are girlish, he said they are super comfy). I have the other pair on right now, they sure keep your toes warm in the freezing NH weather. Manning wants to know how many carbs are in the homemade (?) candy, he thought they would be good for lows and I can't wait to use the great smelling bath gel and lotion.

It totally made my Monday!!!!!!!:D:):cwds:

Wanda

17. lil'Man'sMom

I hope this package has arrived... Leece????

18. KatieJane'smom

KatieJane'smom Approved members

Carris, I received my package today all the way from Canada. I love, love, love the cups!!! They are almost too pretty to use. Thank you for the chocolate - can't wait to try it in those beautiful cups.

I'm sorry to say that I can only wear the cute slippers on one foot right now. Still have a cast on my other foot.

I also really enjoyed your note about your family. I think that was my favorite part!

Thank you so very much for all the nice things. It really cheered me up today!!

19. bbirdnuts@aol.com

bbirdnuts@aol.com Approved members

This sounds like so much fun. Sorry, I missed out:(.