- advertisement -

Winter Drivers Of New England

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Beach bum, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Thought all New Englanders would get a chuckle out of this today!

[​IMG]

2. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

SO many rude people do that! We have it here too unfortunately! Then there's the people who only clear a tiny vision hole on the w/s and NOTHING else! And wonder why we have to fix their cars! I had 1 customer return a courtesy car that way. I purposely made them wait while I had the car cleaned off so I could check it and give it to the person waiting for it. Then said, "there, that's how you clean off a car"

3. andeefig

andeefig Approved members

Awesome, Wendy! I especially love when the large sheet of ice flies off the roof on the highway and practically impales other drivers' winshields. Enough to give anyone a heart attack!!

4. musicjunkie

musicjunkie Approved members

Hilarious!![​IMG]

5. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

thats what my van looked like on the way to the ER last night, I cleared just what I needed to so Icould see LOL.. it was an interesting drive..

6. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

I can never get the fender ice off LOL. I've always got a huge chunk and you can hear it crunch when you turn the tires. LOL.

I had the huge sheet of ice fly at me the other day on the highway. aacck.

7. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

That picture is funny but so true. Im here in CT and we have laws on the books now for people who cant be bothered to clean off the car, they will be ticketed if caught. I hope more of them are caught then the cell phone users!

8. etringali

etringali Approved members

Saw a sheet of ice come off a big rig and destroy a suv's windshield the other day. beauteous.

9. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

This was so us last night coming home from the pizza place. Dh doesn't bother to heat the truck up or clean it off, we hop in he puts it in drive and 4-wheel drive and goes :eek: with me nagging all the way that he should have cleaned the windshield and and cleared the wipers of ice.

BTW- he drives tractor trailer trucks and always cleans his tractor off, oh yeah he also buckles up in his tractor but not in his regular truck (no buckle law in NH). Doesn't make any sense to me.:confused:

10. saxmaniac

saxmaniac Approved members

BZZT, inaccurate. Dead giveaways:

Driver isn't texting on cell phone.
    Driver has no Dunkin' Donuts cup.
    Driver has middle finger lowered.
    Driver doesn't have an SUV in 2x2 mode.

11. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

Aaaak, that's totally me, including the suv in 2x2 mode. Sorry guys. I live in the city though so most days I'm off the road. :p

12. frizzyrazzy

have you been watchign me???

13. caspi

caspi Approved members

Ya see, that's the difference between driving in the northeast and down here in Virginia. I was born and raised in NY and we never thought twice about driving in snow. Here in Virginia, and we're not that far south and see our fair amount of snow, they seem to freak out and the minute it starts snowing, everything shuts down! :eek: VERRRRRRY frustrating for a New Yorker to deal with!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

14. ScottB

ScottB Approved members

That's when having a garage to park your cars in comes in real handy.:)

15. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

You might be a New Englander if you have a garage but don't park your car in it because it is full of ATV's, tools, wood working saws, etc... :D

16. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

That was us until about 2 weeks ago!

17. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

Oh - we are suppose to park our cars in the garage???;)

18. frizzyrazzy

I dont' even have a garage....

19. andeefig

andeefig Approved members

LOL....So true!!!!

20. ScottB

ScottB Approved members

Good point. I'm a DIY so my garage is shall we say "fully equipped" along with 2 motorcycles and before the bikes I had 2 waverunners and trailer and we still managed to park the cars in the garage, the problem is that it's tough to actually do anything in the garage unless I pull both cars out then drag everything out of the way to get to what I need which of course means putting it back in place when I'm done so the cars can get back in. Fortunately we have a big 2 car garage and right before cold weather hits me and the boys spend a weekend rearranging things so the cars can squeeze in which we normally park outside during spring, summer and fall. Needless to say me and the boys have gotten real creative in making enough room to park the cars.;) Having a Chevy Cobalt and an S10 makes it easier as well because having a full size SUV would pose a problem.:)