- advertisement -

Will an omnipod pdm fit in a spibelt?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by 5kids4me, Nov 5, 2010.

1. 5kids4me

5kids4me Approved members

Along with test strips and multiclix lancet and small bag of skittles or something else for lows?

I'm trying to figure out how Josh will carry this stuff. The belt loop clip bag he has been using for his meter and stuff is too small for the pdm. Suggestions?

2. angiej

angiej Approved members

I don't know specifically about the pdm, but spibelt do make a belt with two pouches - have you considered that?

Alice uses a spibelt for her pump, then an across the body bag in which she fits all the other stuff she needs to carry. We have a variety of styles and makes (she's a girl, apparently she needs bag choices!), but we quite like the bagletts made by 'healthybackbag'.

3. buggle

buggle Approved members

The PDM fits for sure. My son used a spibelt to carry his PDM for over a year. I don't know how much extra you could fit in. It's pretty stretchy, but you also have to be careful that the PDM doesn't pop out when you open it.

We are using a custom belt from Too Sweet now with a clear front and it works great for the PDM, the CGM receiver, a cell phone and candy. I really like the clear fronts, because the kids can access their PDM/pump or CGM without having to take them out of the pouch. And you can have it customized to fit your devices to optimize how it's all carried.

4. 5kids4me

5kids4me Approved members

Thank you both!
    The double pouch spibelt will work if he will wear it;) I love the custom idea but not sure if it will look ok to him...he worries about looking funny "fanny packs are not cool mom". How does your son feel about the custom belt?
    Josh just turned 9.

I also found a few options at www.pumpwearinc.com by searching omnipod within the site.

5. buggle

buggle Approved members

My son loves his belt. He's 10, but he's not terribly self conscious. His is made of dark blue denim. The devices show with the clear fronts, but if other kids notice, they think it's video games. :p Under long shirts, the belt isn't noticeable.

We used a double pocket from pumpwear (took off their stiff, nylon belt) and used the spibelt for the belt part. He carried his CGM receiver in the pumpwear pouch and his cell phone and candy in the back pocket. The PDM was in the spibelt pocket. The attachment on the pumpwear pouch is large and it flopped all over. The spibelt stretched out under the weight. It worked, but it was less than perfect and a pain to wear while active. The Too Sweet belt doesn't flop and is comfortable. Brendan loves it.

6. buggle

buggle Approved members

Oh.. and I should add that Brendan's belt has no trim or contrasting color, so everything is blue denim. It lies flat and the pockets are fairly small, so it's not all that noticeable.

7. chbarnes

chbarnes Approved members

Chris has always carried everything in a small camera case. He would never wear a fanny pack. He can leave it on the sidelines during sports. Amazingly, he only left it at school once. No-one ever asks questions about it.

8. madde

madde Approved members

I just wanted to ask a question regarding the spibelts. Sorry don't have any advice for the OP.

What size spibelt should I get for a 10yr. old girl. The child size or the adult size? She is 55" and weighs 75lbs normal build.