- advertisement -

Wii Fit

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by jules12, May 22, 2008.

1. jules12

jules12 Approved members

OK - has anyone tried this yet? My co-worker came in this morning - she picked it up last night - it sounds really neat - it will do a work out for you - it even weighs you (you can password protect :D), you can jog through a neighborhood with the remote in your pocket, step aerobics - it even has snowboarding. She found it at costco for $79. It comes wth a balance board.

I was just wondering if anyone else has seen it.

2. Kirsten

Kirsten Approved members

We have it. I picked it up last night. I like it. The worst part was looking at my weight and BMI. I just don't have time to go to the gym and the whole family loves the wii, so I'm hoping I can keep it up!

Kirsten

3. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want this!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

I want that also, all the places around here sold out already.:mad:. We have all the Wii games and we played one day for hours and the next day my entire body was sore.. It really does give ya a work out..

So who has tried it and what exercise to you like the best??

5. Kirsten

Kirsten Approved members

The yoga, hula hooping, and ski jumping were fun. I wasn't so thrilled with running in place, but that's what the kids loved.:rolleyes:

ETA: My sister said there were piles of them at BJs (our local warehouse/grocery club), so you can try Sam's club or Costco. I got mine at an out-of-the-way Walmart (OK the *worst* Walmart in the universe). :p

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  6. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

If I am going to run in place I run on the treadmill. But I do like the yoga it looked neat on their website www.wiifit.com I went to last night and called the store right up the street and he said they were sold out.. I can't wait to find one.. Im back on the exercise kick since summer is right around the corner..

Smooth moves on the Wii is funny when you have to dance and pose.. My kids laugh at me.. HA HA

7. caspi

caspi Approved members

Wow - is that all they cost? A friend of mine had told me about it but thought it was going to cost close to $200. She was definitely mistaken. Sounds like a good enough excuse to make a trip to Costco, huh?!:D

8. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

She is saying that the game cost $79.00 not for the actual wii they are more expensive than that..

9. saxmaniac

saxmaniac Approved members

The WIi console is around $250, and then you will quickly realize you need to buy a second controller for about $40. Add in a component video cable for $20, if you have a newish TV that takes it - it looks much better.

10. Lee

Lee Approved members

Santa is bringing us a Wii this year - it is so nice to already have xmas planned for :D

11. caspi

caspi Approved members

We already have the Wii -- this person that told me about it had thought the game itself was $200. I'm happy to hear it's "just" $79 or so! :D

12. Twinklet

Twinklet Approved members

We just got a Wii 2 days ago! I haven't even played anything yet, but DH and the girls were on it for hours last night. This Fit thing sounds cool!

13. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

That would be insane for a game to be 200. I would have fallen off my chair..lol.. When all of us have the Wii Fit we should post and have a challenge who can get their BMI in range the fastest...LMAO.

14. Kirsten

Kirsten Approved members

I'm in, but does that mean I have to post my BMI??:(:rolleyes:

Kirsten

15. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

HECK NO.. we will just know what our BMI is. Unless you feel open to share it...LOL.. I lost a ton of weight 30lbs on WW and now I need to lose another 10-15, since I gained 10 back when DD was dxd.. Counting carbs for her and I was counting points messed me all up..

I first have to find one at the store, all sold out here.. I may stop and hand the guy a 20.00 and have him save me one.. "bat my eyes" .lol

16. Kirsten

Kirsten Approved members

I've been on a roller coaster since dx. First I lost 30 pounds from stress then gained it all back and more with sleep deprived carb cravings. :p

Kirsten

17. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

Lets not mention having KIDS will ruin an ab, thigh, butt, arms, back..:p the list could go on and on.. LMAO.
    Have a good night, Im out of work for now..

18. saxmaniac

saxmaniac Approved members

Actually, BMI is a joke. Everyone's "obese". There are people who are absolutely ripped and in great health, yet about 2 lbs away from "obese". It seems to assume as certain body type.

Ah, why, not... I'm 5'10" just under 200 lbs, go calculate the BMI yourself. But I have a very wide build- when I was 160 in college I looked almost skeletal.

Time to get DDR and starting workin' out on the Wii. Of course, there's that treadmill in my basement gathering dust!

19. jules12

jules12 Approved members

Ok - I confess and I ran out an bought it - I didn't however set myself up until after the kids went to bed - I was on Weight Watchers too prior to D and lost over 25 pounds but have gained it all back in the last year.

I liked the Wii Fit - it definitely made me sweat and I enjoyed the various tasks. My kids liked going through it too - I don't know if they would pick it everytime they choose to play (right now Mario Kart is the winner).

I like that it will track my progress and that I can lock out my BMI and Weight from the kids. I think it is fun alternative for some of us who just need to get moving and doing something.

20. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

I am determined to find the Wii Fit a store here in MD that has it. At our house the kids love the new Mario Kart...
    I have started the WW back up and lost another 5 lbs this week.. Finally something is coming off all that water..LMAO..