- advertisement -

Why NovoLog?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by DsMom, Sep 18, 2012.

1. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

Novolog is what our endocrinologist team started ashleigh off on, when she did MDI. She just continued it on the pump

2. Brensdad

Brensdad Approved members

This has been my experience. We switched to Humalog because it costs less with our insurance, but it seems to go kaput after two days and just doesn't seem to have as much "muscle" when dosing corrections. We're going back to Novolog this weekend.

3. skyblufig

skyblufig Approved members

We were told they're the same, just different makers. We had Humalog in hospital, but our pharmacy stocks Novolog. Our insurance covers both.

4. missmakaliasmomma

missmakaliasmomma Approved members

I don't know if anyone posted this because I didn't read through all of them but for me, it was just an insurance thing. They cover humalog. The humalog pen does 1/2 unit increments as well as the novolog one. They are both technically supposed to work the same way I believe but it's probably a body chemistry type thing if people have more luck with one or the other.

5. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

Our hospital rotates. When DD was diagnosed, she was started on Novolog. It always worked so we stayed with it. When DS was diagnosed, he was started on Humalog. We used up the hospital vial then switched to Novolog because I wanted them on the same insulin for simplicity. Our insurance covers them at the same rate so there has never been a cost issue.