advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is life so unfair...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by StarrMarr, Oct 13, 2017.

1. StarrMarr

StarrMarr New Member

Hello everyone my name is Mar. I'm a young mother of three and my oldest daughter has type 1 diabetes. My angel was diagnosed on 11/20/2016 at the age of 2yrs old. It's really been a rough road for me and my family. She's only 3yrs old now and it breaks my heart still to this day that my baby has juvenile diabetes. Me && my boyfriend wonders where we went wrong or how this came to be because no one in either of our families had type 1 diabetes and I'm not the type of mother that feeds her kids junk all day. I just joined this forum because I need help it is so difficult to get her glucose stable. Her numbers are all over the place. Each time I have to give her insulin shots I cry inside. She's so young she doesn't understand so I try to make her feel like a normal kid but this truly hurts. I hope I can connect with someone who is dealing or going through a similar situation.

2. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Hello and welcome to the forum but sorry you have to be here. I think most people here can relate to how you are feeling. But I did want to clarify a few things for you. When you say you "wonder where you went wrong", understand that you didn't go wrong anywhere. You did not cause this disease in your daughter. Also, when you say you are not the type of mother "that feeds her kids junk all day", please understand that Type 1 diabetes is not caused by feeding your child junk food or too much sugar.

There are many parents on this forum who have children who were diagnosed at a similar age as your daughter. I am sure some of them will reach out to you and hopefully help you feel a little better about what you are going through. I found that one thing that helped me was learning as much as I could about Type 1 and even though I still struggled with managing things, I felt like I was better prepared. Additionally, you may want to look into some of the technology that many people use to manage this disease, like an insulin pump or a Continuous Glucose Monitor. They may help you manage her numbers better and that might make you feel a little better about dealing with all this.

rgcainmd likes this.