- advertisement -

Why did I have to ignore the alarm??!!

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Daxdog, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

When my pump gets to 1 bar on the battery, it alarms "LOW BATTERY". Because there is still enough power left for a few hours, I just left it. Apparently it has been alarming that the battery is dead for a while and hasn't been delivering. Now I am 160 :( It isn't that bad of a number but I could have prevented it.

2. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Awe!! Just think of it this way- it could have been A LOT worse! Diabetes is a pain in the butt, and add alarms to diabetes and it'll simply drive you up a wall! I'm sorry that happened to you though. :(

Doesn't your pump have a backup battery for after the battery runs out so you still get your basal? :confused:

3. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Nooo I don't think MM has backup. I hate it when "Low Battery" happens though. Mine gave me the alarm right before I got in the shower and by the time I got out my pump was dead. :mad:. I used to use Energizer Industrial batteries which my dad got from work (they would last for about 3 months) but they switched brands and I can't get them anymore so I switched to reg Energizer and it seems every time I turn around I'm changing batteries. I feel ya Jordan. Numbers that can be prevented that happen are the worst.
    (((hugs)))
    Emily

4. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

Thats weird. I use energizer in my mm and can usually last at least 12 hours after a low battery alarm

5. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

The Ping does not have a backup battery. For some reason, though, after the battery is dead it still alarms saying "Battery is dead: No delivery". Doesn't it use the battery to power that alarm?

6. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Hmm...I don't know how it could have given an alarm if there was no sort of backup battery. :confused: Or ANY of the pumps for that matter! It's a good question.