- advertisement -

Who's cooking today?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Big Hair Momma, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Big Hair Momma

Big Hair Momma Approved members

And what are you making?

So far, I have the turkey brining, and green beans, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, and pies done. I still would like to finish the cranberry relish and the deviled eggs.

I'm running the Turkey Trot in the morning. I know I won't have too much time. How about you? What do you want to cook today, so you don't have to deal with it tomorrow? I figure if I get it done today, I can have a mostly clean kitchen most of the day tomorrow. Wishful thinking?

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Sweet potatoes are done
    Cranberry Sauce made
    Onions creamed
    Chocolate mousse made
    green beans prepped
    and... house cleaned:D
    now, I really need a nap, and we're having pizza for dinner;)

3. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

Hmmmm....I made lunch for the kids but didn't actually cook anything for that. Then I ordered pizza for dinner.

Dh is working on gravy tonight but I think he's doing the rest of the cooking tommorrow....2 turkeys and a rice & sausage dressing to take to my brothers house for our family gathering.

4. zeb'smom

zeb'smom Approved members

Well, I have my turkey brining as well and I am making some stock tonight with the neck and gizzards to be used for gravy tomorrow. I'll do the mashed potatoes tomorrow as my brother would be heartbroken if he didn't get to peel and cut up the potatoes. My sister bring the baked corn and rolls and my mom brings sweet potato and apples, cranberry relish, and cheesecake. So I don't have to cook everything, turkey,stuffing, mashed potatoes, and gravy are my things and everyone else makes (or buys) something to bring.

5. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

I didn't really have much to do - just 2 pies. My mom and dad still do all the cooking. Tomorrow when we get there dh will do the mashed potatoes - he makes them so good. and I am queen of gravy. :)

6. Mama Belle

Mama Belle Approved members

I've been cooking most of the afternoon. Here's what I;ve been working on
    -GF Cornbread Stuffing
    -GF Pecan Pie
    -Regular Pecan Pie
    -Regular Pumpkin Pie
    -GF Choc Cake
    -Cranberry Sauce (although technically Sam made this, but I supervised)

Tomorrow I will clean, dress and cook the turkey, do green beans, rolls, carrots, and mashed potatoes with gluten free gravy. We will have leftovers for a month easy.

7. type?girl1018

type?girl1018 Approved members

My mom and i have been cooking all day. So far we have made:

Meat stuffing
    GF pumpkin pie
    GF apple pie (that was interesting!)
    Applesauce
    Regular pecan pie
    Regular bread stuffing
    We attempted a GF bread stuffing, but we failed miserably. LOL!
    Green bean casserole

Tomorrow we will do the mashed potatoes, turkey, squash, onions, and rolls(regular and GF)

8. CJ's Mom

CJ's Mom Approved members

I'm only cooking for myself tomorrow. I'm planning on broiled Blue Hake loins, steamed broccoli, and parmesean red potatoes. If I get lazy I'll pop in a turkey tv dinner.

9. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

Mark is baking the pies tonight, pumpkin and homemade apple, a pecan pie, and making the cranbrosia..Tomorrow I will make my cornbread dressing, and the smashed taters and frozen corn that tastes just like corn on the cob. Mark will fry the turkey and hopefully nothing will catch on fire this time around :eek:

10. Michelle72

Michelle72 Approved members

So far my mother and I have made a pumpkin pie, a pecan pie and an apple pie. We are making cornbread stuffing tonight and we'll put the turkey in the oven early in the morning.

11. mapoe4

mapoe4 Approved members

My mom makes thanksgiving dinner and I make
    3 pumpkin pies
    3 dozen eggs for deviled eggs
    2 loafs of homemade bread

Now christmas is different I make everything because noone ever wants to come over so I make it for the 7 of us and it takes me about 3 days to get everything done. I am determined to do it this year because last year I had surgery before christmas and wasn't able to and I missed the mess the kids made when they helped. This year I'm having surgery again.

12. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

right now I've got potato's boiling for mashed potatoes, bread toasting for stuffing, getting ready to put the onions, green peppers and celery on for the stuffing.. I have to figure out what I'm doing with the cheese cake (Kaylee refuses to eat any sort of pie, she requested cheese cake, so thats what I'm making:rolleyes: ).. its 11:30 at night, I'll be done around 2am LOL.. everyone else is sound asleep..

oh, great, I just finished the potatoes and I don't think I have enough for everyone.. so I guess I'll be pealing more potatoes.. its already after midnight here.. think I could get away with mixing some 'fake' potatoes in to the real ones??:cool:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  13. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

you'll have to give me the recipe for this.. Kaylee loves cornbread:)

This is our first thanksgiving with celiac, so we are still learning.