- advertisement -

who uses a keurig ?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by C6H12O6, Mar 20, 2013.

1. swellman

swellman Approved members

Don't get me started ... I had a Bodum Santos and my wife made me get rid of it. You had me pegged right, though. :p

And isn't this sexy?

[​IMG]

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Well, that's one word for it....:rolleyes:

3. Marcia

Marcia Approved members

I make my coffee with our Keurig at 4:30 am, my mother has her decaf later, Abbey makes hot chocolate before she leaves for school at 7:00. It is great for us. Wegmans has their brand of Kcups at .50 a cup, we also use the reusable filter. I think they are coming out with lemonade and we will get that!

4. Lizzy731

Lizzy731 Approved members

I have a keurig and like it for the convenience but the quality of the coffee it makes is another story. It's a good cup of coffee....not a great cup of coffee. That being said I use the green mountain Colombian fair Trade...I find its the closest thing to a regular cup of coffee. It is expensive....I get mine from BJ's. I have yet to find a cheaper place to get the k-cups.

Also this is another alternative to use regular coffee grinds. It's more work but its a cheaper approach.

http://www.amazon.com/Ekobrew-Refil...e=UTF8&qid=1364058378&sr=8-1&keywords=ekobrew

5. Joretta

Joretta Approved members

I love Keruig. I do not drink coffee but i make hot tea hot cider and hot chocolate. I like that I keep a few coffee cups around in case of company. before I never had coffee to offer.

6. JNBryant

JNBryant Approved members

I'm typically a 1-2 cup per day kind of person, so I was always frustrated with my regular Mr. Coffee coffee maker because I hated throwing away whatever was left. I then discovered the wonderful world of Chemex and bought one of those which solved the problem. My mother, on the other hand, swears by her Keurig and went out and bought me one this past christmas. While it's not as good as a cup of coffee from my Chemex, it still gets the job done. The k cups can be expensive depending on where you get them, but I bought the reusable k cup and most of the time I just grind and use my own preferred brand of coffee. My husband and both my kids are big fans of tea, and it comes in handy for that, too. My mom gets her k cups from this website: http://www.coffeeretriever.com.