- advertisement -

Who here plays sports?

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Timmy Mac, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Courtneyjensen

Courtneyjensen Approved members

I play lacrosse too. I just make sure I always have have food and gatorade with me. oh and give your coach a glucagon shot. Make sure they know the signs. My team mates are the biggest help even though they always try to eat my food. Also be careful with taking your insulin because that much insulin with a ton of running. oh one more thing keep hard candys with you while your running so when your on the draw circle and you feel low you can just throw one in your mouth. well hope that helps.

2. lamia

lamia Approved members

My son is a competitive swimmer, he is 10 yeas old, he practices for 1.5hours five times a week, i wonder if this effort is suitable for his age, how much swimmers in USA practices at this age? and at 11 years old too?

3. ciarak

ciarak Approved members

Im 17 and i play gaelic football, i usually have to take a chocolate bar or nutrigrain bar before training or playing a match to keep my BS level up and sometimes need to take lucozade during if i go low
    :)

4. sgh1003

sgh1003 New Member

Hey man, I am Diabetic and pole vault in college. I was just searching online to see how many other pole vaulters are diabetic. I have jumped 16 9.5 and my coach told me to look up and see if thats a record of any kind which is why i searched. Your forum popped up. i know this is a few years late but keep up with the sports. I am a exercise physiology major and we always talk about how staying active has so many benefits for diabetics.

5. Phillipn

Phillipn Approved members

i play wheelchair rugby once a week, i find that no matter what my level is before i play i have to eat or i go low, even if my b.g is high, wierd huh?

6. snowball00

snowball00 New Member

Basketball & Soccer

Hey I play many sports and i am new to this so what sould I do at half time.

A: Sould I check meself an eat a snack.
    or
    B:Sould I just eat a snack.

Pleaes help me out and write back choose A or B.

Thanks

Your Friend,
    snowball00:cool:

7. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Snowball, you should check yourself first, before you do anything. If you are already below 100, you might need a snack and some juice or fast acting carb to prevent a low. If you are starting out on the higher side, it might be a better idea to eat a really protein-y snack, or wait until you have started exercising to eat a snack. If you are starting out a bit high, and are pumping, running a temporary basal is a great option.
    It's a lot of trial and error, but you'll find what's best for you! Checking first is always a good thing, though :).

8. theMask

theMask Approved members

I've been following couch to 5k, I have every intention of finishing it, just started week 4. I don't plan on doing any sports for school seeing as how I am homeschooled, but rather, run a few 5k.

5k=5 kilometers=3.1 miles.

9. ntfrazz

ntfrazz Approved members

I play basketball, and lift weights for about three hours every other day. I play way more than that during basketball season. I always eat a 30 carb snack and leave my pump running. The snack always contains protein to maintain a steady blood sugar.

10. maisiemoon

maisiemoon New Member

i do a lot of netball and hockey, i just test before and disconnect during training/matches. i normally have to do some insulin after though