- advertisement -

Who do you miss?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Judy&Alli, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Illinifan

Illinifan Approved members

Twinklet (Andie). She's an Air Force wife and the last I heard they were waiting on an assignment, maybe back here to Wright-Patterson AFB. We used to discuss Tricare at length.

2. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

yeah - I was just going to say Twinklet and Badgerman... :cwds:
    I especially miss the "which pump" threads when we could say "Hey Get A Cozmo" :rolleyes:

3. Judy&Alli

Judy&Alli Approved members

Whatever happened to Barry?

4. twicker1

twicker1 Approved members

Well, I am ashamed to say it, and I think I've said it before, but I am a complete dunce when it comes to remembering usernames. I've been MIA for the longest time EVER, and I'm REALLY trying to come back "home". :)

Even 6 years into this I still feel like I have nothing to offer, but I really need some refresher lessons from everyone. SO... I can't say WHO I miss because I can't remember anyone's names, and I haven't been here for so long I can't say who is missing! :(

I'm really going to try from now on. I promise! :D

5. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

I can't tell you how nice it was to read that I'm missed. It made me tear up, honestly. :cwds:
    This forum (at one time) was so thick with drama, I couldn't handle it. I had to leave and take a break.
    I poke my head in every now and again and read threads. I promise I will try and be better. :D

6. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Well, nothing to worry about now, things are very quiet and there is no conflict, arguments, rudeness or attitudes. Enjoy!

7. Lee

Lee Approved members

Chris - what have you been drinking and why aren't you sharing with me?

8. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

No promises, but I'll send her a text and see if she can come out and play.

9. Judy&Alli

Yay we got one out of hiding!!!! Please stay Lanae!!!!

10. TerpSteph

TerpSteph Approved members

I'm spending too much time on Facebook, because I was looking for the "like" button! Now that Matt is turning 20 - :eek: - I find that I don't visit here as often. I do feel a lot of gratitude for the wonderful folks here that made me see that things would get better, especially from those whose kids are on the older end of the spectrum here.

11. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

Seriously :eek: Teddy was a fake :eek:

Wow, I just got a text from Lanae saying I was missed and now I feel all warm and gushy inside :D I had no idea that I would be missed :eek:

I took a job and closed my daycare last year and have since been promoted so I am crazy busy. I usually work 50 hours a week plus on call 3 days a week.

I will try harder to visit. The drama got too much for me and once I started getting some not so nice messages and comments I decided I had to leave.

Hailey is now a teen and driving me insane. She had to have a wake up call because she was "forgetting" to check and bolus since mom was no longer over her shoulder all day. Kenzie is still suffering from "middle child" syndrome, and Bella seems to have very few complications from the Kawasaki disease.

I miss everyone!! Lanae was my rock. I love the "circa 2007" comment, so very true!

12. caspi

caspi Approved members

Lanae! It is so good to hear from you!! You most definitely are missed here! :cwds:

And Nicole!! Our kids were dx'd just 10 days apart and I remember very well those first few months when we were trying to figure all of this out together. You too are sorely missed!! :cwds:

13. Judy&Alli

Nicole,
    So good to hear from you!!!:D:D:D:D

14. Jen_in_NH

Jen_in_NH Approved members

I don't know if he's still around and I just haven't noticed him, but I miss Jacob's Dad. He really helped me decide that I wasn't crazy to use an Omnipod on a just barely 2 year old. Our endo's office thought I was nuts not to go with Animas, and I really was doubting myself.

So, if you're reading this, thanks! I appreciate it :)

15. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

Not to pat myself on the back...But, I did call her to tell her about all the nice posts about her:cwds:

16. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

Aww, your sweet. I am around, just a lot less. I have a new job that keeps me VERY busy and when I'm not doing that I'm usually at the boys golf matches :)

17. mocha

mocha Approved members

I haven't really been on the boards long enough to miss anyone from here, but I do miss my Mom, Dad, younger brother, and my puppy. We're practically on opposite sides of the country right now, and I haven't seen them since the beginning of January.

18. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

I miss "rep". I miss being able to acknowledge the value of a content rich post and to help people who offer consistently good advice build up their little green boxes. ;)

19. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

Do you also miss the "REP Fairy"? She (or he) had a grand time before the rep boxes disappeared.:cool:

20. Jacob'sDad

Jacob'sDad Approved members

Wow. Well it's nice to be missed but somehow I feel that I have become a bit invisible lately. I know I have posted a lot less on the more mathematical stuff.

I haven't posted much this month but I think I had close to 60 posts last month.

Diabetes has been beating me up lately. Jacob's BG just jumps around at the least provocation and it takes so much attention and I feel like I have been slacking off because his numbers are out of whack. I don't want to be one of those "those who can't do, teach" kind of people. My math and theories are meaningless if I can't put them to good use.

I know, D is tough for everyone, but I really do think I have not been putting up the good fight. There's a ton of people here who achieve better control than I do with Jacob. But I think you all are great and I will try to post more....