- advertisement -

Which side...

Discussion in 'Teens' started by malyssa, Dec 31, 2008.

1. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Which side do you like to wear your pump/have your infusion sites on?

I never use to care about what side my site/pump were on until recently. I like having my site on the right side of my body, and I like to wear my pump cliped on my right side. I don't know why, lol...but like I said, I just noticed this. Do you guys have a preferance, or am I just WEIRD (I already know I am :p LOL)?

2. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

I get use to which ever side it is on, then when I switch sides I get confused.

3. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

I usually wear mine on the left because I have my cell clipped to my right pocket.

4. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

I don't really have a preference, but doing left stomach sites are really intimidating for me. I don't know why. I guess cause most of the time it hurts there. :(. But only on my stomach to I really have a preference I guess.

5. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

I guess I am weirder than I thought! :p:D;):)

6. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

i like have my pump on the right side of my body, except at night, then my pump belt usually slides my pump to my left side. mom has a big thing about site rotation, so i have to put it on both side of my stomach and bottom, although on my back side i prefer right because some times when it's on the left the cord won't reach my right pocket:(

7. emm142

emm142 Approved members

My pump's always clipped on the right side, otherwise I feel "wonky". lol.

I try to rotate my sites, but for the most part they're on the left of my stomach, the right on my legs and butt and the left arm.

8. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Its funny how we all have dfferent preferances. Like site spots too...my favorite spot for my sites is on my lower back, and a lot of people find that really odd, and uncomfortable. That is where I put the trial sensor too, and I didn't even feel it. I guess it's just a licky spot for me. :rolleyes:

9. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I have my site on my lower back right now! It's being good for absorbtion.. too good.. I haven't gotten above 60 in an hour. I guess it's 'cause I don't use it much.

10. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Awe!! Thats like when I use my arms...I don't use them too often, and on the rare occasion that I do, its low central for three days!
    I hope you get your blood sugar up soon!

11. emm142

emm142 Approved members

50g later... I'm up to 80! YAY!

12. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Thank goodness! Those persistant lows are the worst!

13. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

and so are the sneaky ones........i was crazy high over night, 2??, mom bolused me down, 3 hours later, 270-290:eek:. then i was 100ish this morning and we went out and i went down to 59:rolleyes::eek::(

14. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

I don't have a preferred side for my sites, but I am very fond of putting them in my legs, and lower butt area. They work very well for me. I'm interested in trying arm sites, but I need to change my order to get longer tubing before I try that, because my current tubing wouldn't be long enough to be able to clip it to my pants if the site is in my arm.

I think I've exaushted my stomach for a while. I used it exclusively for a while, and now it hurts really badly when I try to put a site there. So I'll give it a break for a few months.

Also, at night, I have to clip my pump exactly in the middle of my pants because I sleep on my sides.

15. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

That is so annoying too!! Lows in general are just a pain in the butt...highs to me are worse though. :rolleyes: And when you're high like that, and then a low follows...ugh, that is beyond annoying!

16. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

I like arm sites a lot, but I always just seem to go back to my lower back...I just like it there, lol. Definately get the longer tubing...when I used the 31 or 32 inch tubing with the cleo, it wasn't long enough at all! Definately go with the longest one you can get in my opinion. Oh, at night I put my pump under a pillow because I toss around a lot and I can never get comfortable with it, so it just stays next to me under a throw pillow. :)