- advertisement -

Which pump is better?

Discussion in 'Teens' started by sports_nut_3, Mar 24, 2008.

1. sports_nut_3

sports_nut_3 Approved members

Animas 2020 or Medtronic minimed paradigm realtime?? I can't decide which one to get. I like the CGMS on the minimed but like the animas too??

Melissa

2. miss_behave

miss_behave Approved members

I chose MM solely for the CGMS capability. I like that its all in one. If you really want Animas, you could get it and a different CGMS, but you'd have to wear 2 devices. It just depends what your looking for in a pump.

3. rachabetic

rachabetic Approved members

i have the minimed (not the cgm yet). I really like it, but i was thinking about switching to animas but then i saw that the insulin goes in really quicky which would make it hurt sometimes to give yourself a bolus. i really like minimed because the insulin goes in slowly (so i don't even feel it). Also because of the cgm that i will be able to get soon! Also I wouldn't want to have to wear 2 "pumps" at once. So it is good to be able to get 2 things out of 1 machine!

4. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

I have a MM722 and CGMS and love them both. I never tried any other pumps so I cant say one is better than the other. Have you talked to your endo about the 2 companies? Ask your endo if you could do a saline trial with both pumps (at the same time or seperately). If your endo doesnt have sample pumps to try then contact MM and Animas. Everybody is different in what they like. I think its important to try whats out there and pick what you like the best.
    Here is a link that compares all of the pumps:
    http://www.diabetesnet.com/diabetes_technology/insulin_pump_models.php

5. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

I have a MM 522, and I absolutely LOVE it. I didn't like the way Animas just has Up, down, and ok buttons. And hopefully in the future I'll get a CGMS. *I like buttons...*

6. blessed

blessed Approved members

Which Pump?

We are very new to pumping, but before he was approved to get one I called each pump rep. and wanted to know what they had to offer that the others didn't. In the end, we went with a Cozmo. We LOVE the rep, and so far we love the pump! My son likes the fact that he can put in his low, like for instance 70 and the pump tell him how many carbs he needs to eat to bring him up to his ideal number(which is preset) no more guessing how many carbs to eat for a low. Lots of little things, but for us we are happy with the cozmo and it too will have a CGM soon! It has the freestyle meter that attaches to the pump and that is convient. We also like that you can use any kind of set. Just our thoughts!

7. Tori

Tori Approved members

I have the animas 'cause it's easy to understand

8. youngdiabetics

youngdiabetics New Member

I use the mini-med and it has worked great so far!