- advertisement -

Which Meter would you be?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by BrokenPancreas, Jul 13, 2010.

1. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

Actually I didn't know if spoke...cause I always hit "mute" when commercials come on. :D

2. Rcj176

Rcj176 Approved members

LOL A mute feature would be great in alot of ways! Wonder if we can download our MP3 songs to a meter and when its a good number we can jam to a song! :) LOL
    Feel free to "mute" me... :)

3. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

LOL!! I'm cracking up here!

I guess if I had to choose, I'd be the CVS TrueTrack2Go meter....it's cheap and portable.....:rolleyes::eek::confused:

4. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

No, no, no, no, no....your just peachy fine! :D Well......I just might have to go dancing in the stores again...this time by the meters!

5. Rcj176

Rcj176 Approved members

Cheap! No way! We are expensive because we are so full of knowledge

6. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

I'd be the wavesense keynote... a good reliable meter nobody uses.

7. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

I want to be a purple ultramini! I love the purple ones, and the ultramini is my favorite meter...even though I can't use it *sigh*.

8. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

I thought Walnut Grove was the happiest place on Earth:confused::(

I'd be the AccuCheck Aviva - curvy, like yours truly.

9. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

Accu Check here...I tried the One Touch...found the strips to be too small..so Im back to Accu Check...I need a light..and big strips..and Its the first meter I ever used so Im partial to it..and the battery lasts a while on it too.

10. still..hopeful

still..hopeful Approved members

I would be an Accu-check Aviva. They are reliable and I could change my outfit (skins) everyday if I wanted to:)

11. sassypantz

sassypantz Approved members

I would be the Omnipod's PDM. Because even though my main job is more complicated than anything anyone else does around here, naturally I'm expected to do tests, too. I plan, calculate, measure. I remember things everyone else has forgotten. I notice patterns and use that information to "fix" things. I correct when needed, I quietly support in the background without being noticed. Hook me up, and I'll use the computer to my best advantage--I might even impress you with what I can do. I communicate best with my kids when we're very close, but they don't tend to notice when we're not. I'm bigger than I want to be, and my looks are deceptive--people often jump to conclusions about me based on my less-than-flashy style (although I do look pretty impressive when I've got on some new, trendy outfit). Sure, I'll test for you. But I'll use that number to do something useful instead of just telling you about it.

12. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Oh sure! Be the ambitious one!:D

13. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

I would be the Ping remote/meter. Always working in the background, reminding that it's time to test. Alert to occlusion alarms (pun intended). Not needing to be right by my kids to work my best. Results in 5 seconds! LOL Link me to a computer and watch me create graphs and logs that are most useful. :cool:

14. Noel

Noel Approved members

Ok, I think I would be the AccuChek Compact Plus....I don't particularly like this meter, but my son LOVES it. He likes being able to put it in his pocket or bag and just go, everything he needs to test is altogether....lancing device attached and test strips enclosed.

He says this meter is "the total package".....hmmm I kind of like the thought being the total package. :D

15. Mom264

Mom264 Approved members

Although we use the Freestyle light and love it because it is fast, compact and has a backlight, if I were a meter I would be not one currently on the market.

I would be a meter that delivers accuracy within 5% at any BG level. It would be OK that I would be larger and not as sleek as other meters, and that I'd need more blood and even take a little more time to give results. I would also be able to spit out A1C information and blood ketone information with the touch of a button, from that same BG reading.

Kids would not like me because I am cumbersome, but moms and dads would like me when they needed extra assurance of acccuracy and additional information.