- advertisement -

where would you go?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by momof2here, Mar 16, 2011.

1. momof2here

momof2here Approved members

So, now we are planning a vacation to make use of these free airline tickets.

Where do you LOVE to go?

We have been to FL (Disney), CA, TN, TX, NC, IL, WI, MN, KY with the kids.

Would love a suggestion!

2. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

Fly to Calgary and visit the Canadian Rockies!!

3. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

Or Yellowstone in WY!!

4. MamaBear

MamaBear Approved members

Can you fly anywhere? I'd go to Hawaii!

5. momof2here

Good question! To use the SW Airline miles it has to be one of the 68 places that they go and HI is not, unfortunately, one of them.

The other miles can go pretty much anywhere. I think the value of the tickets is right around $300 or $400 each so it would have to be somewhere that would fit that criteria.

Thanks everyone for the input. I should mention that the trip will probably be in July or August so cooler locales are certainly a viable option!

6. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

I'm a bit of a history lover, so I would love to visit places like Williamsburg, VA, Lancaster, PA, Boston and whatever other places famous in US history. If I ever go back, I'd love to do that.:) Like a themed trip.

7. MamaBear

What have you done in the states you've already been to? Because the family things that come to mind for me, are Lego Land in CA, Dollywood in TN, and Shlitterbahn Water park in TX. These are places we have never been to though.

8. Denise

Denise Approved members

I recommend anywhere in New England. I simply love Rhode Island! Providence, Newport....you can visit Block Island! just gorgeous!

9. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

If it's in July/August, I'd think about going north-ish. Denver, Seattle, Vancouver, Maine (lobster for dinner!:D ), Vermont (Ben & Jerry's).

10. mom2ejca

mom2ejca Approved members

If it were just dh and I, we would go to Portland, Maine. So many cool little shops to stroll through, there's a great restaurant downtown that has fantastic clam chowder served in a bread bowl. Dh and I spent a long weekend in Portland several years ago and it was the most relaxing mini-vacation ever:D.

11. Caydens_Mommy

Caydens_Mommy Approved members

We are going to Disney this summer in July! Definately looking forward to that as we have never been.. I know it will be hot, but we are use to hot!

12. Brenda

Brenda Junior Member

I may be biased, but if you want to include the kids, you could go to FFL in July in Orlando. Plane fare is the biggest expense for the conference for most people.

See http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/activities/Orlando2011/

Otherwise, if you haven't been there, Washington, DC is a great place to visit.

13. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

The mountains of NH are great that time of year, and Southwest flies here. Lots to do, ziplining, alpine slides, alpine coasters, hiking, small family amusement parks, go to top of Mt. Washington.

You can also fly into Boston now. Always fun, but can get hot. Lots to do historically, great kids museum and aquarium.

Cape Cod, our absolute favorite place on earth.

Marco Island FL is great, though it would be a tad warm!

14. colebenmom

colebenmom Approved members

I'd love to go to Boston and/or NYC.

I'd love to go back to Niagra Falls, Vegas, Washington D.C. and Hawaii.

The old stand by would be Florida and I'd definitely consider FFL again.

15. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

Another vote for Washington DC. Its one of our favorite trips. So much to see and most of it free. There is not enough time in the world to see everything in the various Smithsonians. I'm considering taking the younger kids again.

16. momof2here

thanks so much!

Thanks everyone for these amazing ideas! DH is away on business this week but when he gets back we are going to go through each one and try to find 'the one' to go to, it won't be easy - all of these suggestions are amazing! Thanks again! I am so excited now!

17. MamaBear

Where ever you decide to go, I hope you have fantastic time!