- advertisement -

Where do your kids put their cgm sites?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by iliketorun, Jun 17, 2015.

1. iliketorun

iliketorun New Member

We just started the Medtronic cgm and ds doesn't like having sites in his stomach. Of course that is the only spot recommended by them. Just curious which spots work best for you, or if you stick to the stomach?

2. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

We use Dex on the back of his arms, alternating them every two weeks. It's worked great so far. Leaves the higher fat areas (so to speak - his BMI is like 13 or something so there's not much fat at all!) for pump sites. Also keeps it out of the way - it's higher profile than a pump site and tended to get in the way on his belly the one time we tried it. The other advantage to the arm is that you can use a stretchy sleeve or vet wrap to secure it for swimming and sports.

3. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

Mine wears hers on her love handles. I think she'd do arms but she wears her pods there. She HATES it on the stomach.

4. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

We use upper arms only and rotate every two weeks (if the sensor lasts that long) just like jenm999. Saves the tummy, bum, love handles, (and boobs when she gets a little bigger) for pump sites.

I kid you not: lots of women use the "girls" as pump sites. We shall see...

5. caspi

caspi Approved members

My son uses his thigh. He used to wear it exclusively on his arm but now that he's playing a lot more tennis, he says it's more comfortable on his leg. Belly and back never worked well - he had a tendency to sweat them off. We don't seem to have that problem with infusion sets though (he wears them on his lower back/upper butt).

6. Michelle'sMom

Michelle'sMom Approved members

Arms only. She hates using the stomach. We tried one on the love handle & the readings were horrible, plus she hated it. I'm working on trying to get her to try the legs.

7. Michelle'sMom

Michelle'sMom Approved members

I've shown my dd a photo of a pump site on the side of the breast. I have to say I'm very relieved that she's not the least bit interested.

8. suej

suej Approved members

When we used medtronic, we used his upper/outer buttock area below the belt line. For 2 reasons, one - tummy reserved for sets, and two,he sleeps on his tummy and the enlite in our experience was pressure sensitive so we would constantly get artefactual lows. Some people also put enlites on the back of the upper arm, I never managed to convince my son to try. We have switched to Dexcom and he wears them on the back of his upper arm, and working well.

9. nebby3

nebby3 Approved members

We just use arms. She found belly very itchy.

10. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

Lower back alternated back and forth every sensor. She reserves arms for pods.

11. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

We have barely ever used belly for oldest, every time we put it there she was uncomfortable.

99% of time on back of arms or booty. In the past we did thighs for the oldest but it been a good year. We tried love handle but they came unstuck.

12. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

Mine use Dexcoms and it's usually arms. For us, that spots gets us the most accurate (as compared to a meter) numbers.