- advertisement -

When first diagnosed

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lexie251, Nov 8, 2013.

1. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

Find a new endo. This one is doing damage to your child, raising false hopes that may make her (and your) life much more difficult as she realizes the endo lied to her, and that she may have to spend her entire life as a diabetic. I'm mad just reading this. :mad:

2. Lexie251

Lexie251 Approved members

Ok I need some ideas. When my daughter was first diagnosed we met a Dr. That was a female and had diabetes since she was a child. I am trying to find her. I can't remember her name, so I asked my nurse practitioner about her today and she told me she can't release that information. Which is complete crap because we have discussed her before. I have just slept since then and can't remember her name. I need to know other ways of find her, or how I should pick my new endo.

3. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

Most folks look at who is on their insurance plan. You could ask your daughter's pediatrician for another name.

4. mamattorney

mamattorney Approved members

Where did you meet with her? At the hospital? If you really wanted to hunt down that particular doctor, you could look at your insurance records back to diagnosis and see who sent you a bill and go from there, requesting records if it was a large doctor's group.

But, I would start with the doctors who are in network in your insurance and see if you can find someone else to try.

5. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

I'd look at Endo's in the area and see if any names sound familiar. Also many Dr.s have websites or reviews on websites with photos (if you think you would recognize her). Sometimes Endo's are also faculty at universities attached to the children's hospital and her photo may be there.

If you know anyone in your diabetes community you can ask for recommendations. Or if you have a CDE or nurse that you really like, they'll often give you advice on who they think may be a good fit. That's where we have gotten advice on Endo's. If nothing else, look at your insurance list and then look at review websites online. I google every dr I'm considering seeing before I even make an appointment. Good luck. :cwds:

6. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Look through your hospital paperwork and see if it's listed there. If not, go on the hospital website. Ours not only lists doctors, but has pictures also. If you can't find it there the get the list of endoscopy in a certain radius of where you are, then maybe going through the list will ring a bell. You can also reach out to parents in your area or even the school nurse.
    You could also do a post here asking "female endos in x city?" Maybe someone here lives near you and knows of this doctor.