- advertisement -

What's going on???

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Leah, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Leah

Leah Approved members

I wear the minimed CGMS. My transmitter stopped working :( so we had to order a new one. For some reason that one kept on losing signal and automaticly restarted itself. I sent it back to get a replacement. When they sent us another one, the same thing happened. :eek: We kept on going back and forth with minimed but none of them are working! :mad: I tried 6 different transmitters! I might have to switch to Dexcom because we can't get anything to work. Any suggestions???

2. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

could it be your receiver and not transmitter?

3. zakksmom

zakksmom Approved members

I agree with Kaylee's mom..

4. Leah

Leah Approved members

I thought that at first, but the reciver works with the older transmitters, but not the new ones.

5. Darryl

Darryl Approved members

To clarify my wonderful daughter's OP... we've tried 3 new transmitters, not 6. As the saying goes everything looks bigger when you're small ;). Also the old transmitter is working fine, we got the new one (and the two that replaced it) in the hopes of having a backup system.

So in the past 6 weeks, we've used 6 sensors, 1 week at a time. Any time a new (2010 model) transmitter is connected to any sensor, and using either the old or new receiver, it drops signal every day or so and needs a restart. The 2008 model transmitter worked with all the sensors and both transmitters, just as it has since 2008. So something is wrong with the 3 transmitters we just received. MM is providing great customer service so far so I think we'll have it solved soon.

6. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I remember reading your post about this, but couldn't remember if you had tried a difference receiver.. Are they all from the same batch? Kaylee got her new guardian with receiever and transmitter in mid January.. its been excellent.