- advertisement -

What would make hair on a doll disintegrate?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by kyleesmom, Dec 31, 2009.

1. kyleesmom

kyleesmom Approved members

When I was a kid my parents got me a Precious Moments doll every year for Christmas, clear up until I was 18. Ive kept them all and they have been in Kylee's room on a shelf all these years. Some are glass some are plastic and they all have fake hair. Tonight one of the dolls fell off the shelf and Kylee came running in holding it and yelling. The dolls hair had turned to dust on the front of her haid and was barely hanging on. When you touched the hair, that was still whole, it turned to dust too and I rubbed my finger across it and it fell off in clumps. This is the only doll that did it, I checked the rest and they are all fine. It has an odd smell to it too, really plasticy smelling. Its really odd.

2. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

probably acidic glue

3. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Heat, is it by a heater vent???

4. kyleesmom

kyleesmom Approved members

Nope, all the way across the room from the heater and not by windows either. The doll is probably 15 years old and they have always been stored up on shelves.