- advertisement -

What was your wost low?

Discussion in 'Teens' started by kierbabi09, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Leah

Leah Approved members

When I was coming back from AZ. For some reason when I got on the plane my BG went out of control. I started feeling a little low, but it got really bad, and I felt like I was going to pass out. Luckily nothing serious happened, but I ate too much and my BG went up realy high.

But the lowest my BG ever went was 37, but I didn't feel anything;)

2. beck95

beck95 Approved members

well my lowest low was about 2 i think and i had a small hypo like i didnt pass out or anything but i screamed the house down and scared the hell out of my sisters.:(

3. KeishaAlexia

KeishaAlexia Approved members

My lowest low was 1.6 :eek: and the funny thing is (apart from throwing up) I had no other symptoms; I was just watching t.v like normal. I did not feel dizzy nor did I sweat excessively nor did I feel 'weak'. What is even weirder is that about 20 minutes before all of this happened I ate sweet and sour chicken and rice for dinner. Confused as anything I tell you...

4. Timmy Mac

Timmy Mac Approved members

my lowest (number wise) was a LO reading on my meter. (below 20)

But my WORST low was a few years ago when I accidentally switched my Lantus with my Humalog. Since 1 unit of Humalog lowers my BG by ~40 points, I was in trouble.

I woke up at 2am with a low. I checked, and I was at 32. That was when I remembered taking the wrong insulin. I woke up my parents, "Hey mom... I think I might have switched my shots." "Why?" "I'm at 32..." and suddenly everyone was panicking. By the time I actually started eating, my BG dropped to 26, and by my math, I had about 29 units left in me. It took over 4 hours and 300 carbs just to get it above 60. I'm surprised I actually woke up. I don't want to think about what would have happened if i didnt...

Worst night of my life.

5. beck95

beck95 Approved members

(QUOTE) But my WORST low was a few years ago when I accidentally switched my Lantus with my Humalog.

I did that when i was about eight or nine. But thankfully mum came out and saw me putting it away. I was stuffed full of poppers and chocolate ice-cream which i thought was pretty cool.:p But i apparently went unconscious or something cause when i woke up i couldn't remember having any poppers. Poor mum. :eek:

6. Phillipn

Phillipn Approved members

i was at the speedway and i got up to get some food and my legs just turned to jelly (jello to you americans). my mum tested my blood, it was 2.5 (low but not very low) i felt like my level was -5 and i couldnt grab anything or stand up. it was the fact that only 20mins earlier my level was 20. it was the huge fast drop that made me go all weird. sorry all my numbers are in mmol

7. babykat

babykat Approved members

My worst low was when i was in 5th grade the night before a field trip. I was getting ready for the trip(pack needles, snacks, juices, insulin, ect.) i started to feel very sluggish and told my mom i was going to check my blood sugar. She said okay but since i had been 134 for my post dinner/ bed time check she doubted i was low. When i did check i was 27:eek:! we realized that somehow i had gotten rapid acting insulin when i was supposed to get long acting. Turns out i had 17 units of Humalog and being in my "honeymoon" had not helped. we spent about an hour treating and had to constantly wake up during the night to check which meant hardly any sleep.

8. NatCat

NatCat Approved members

The worst low I have ever had was during the night this last summer, I woke up almost completely out of it. I trudged upstairs to fridge to find anything that would give me a boost.

My mom asked what was going on, but I was completely delirious. I couldn't even get focused enough to check my blood to actually see how low I was. my mom had to do it for me. I apparently was doing some pretty loopy things. (Like aimlessly staring and repeatedly trying to take the butter out of the fridge.) My mom finally got me to sit down and focus on checking my blood. It was the lowest I have ever been. i was only at 14.

My mom immediately took action. She made me lay on the couch, and then started stuffing me full of anything sugary available. It took a REALLY long time to get my blood up to just 80. After I started to feel a little more conscious, I felt terrible. It was horrible, I couldn't move, I felt like my brain was in a bubble, and everything sounded like I was in a tin can, and my arms and legs felt too heavy to move. we regulated my blood sugars for almost two hours. After I had been stable for at least 15 minutes my mom felt that it was safe for me to go back to bed. I woke up the next morning completely fine, with my blood at 102.

I never want that experience again. I've had A LOT of lows over 11 years, but this was by far the worst.

I don't letting your blood sugar to go as low as 14, EVER. :eek:

9. babykat

babykat Approved members

my meter once read 314:eek: then i cleaned my hands with an alcohol swab it said LO so i drank 12 oz. of juice and rechecked at 354:eek: so i didn't eat anything for about four hours and still my BG was 274.

i also switched lantus and humalog once and it sucks i know:(

10. Courtneyjensen

Courtneyjensen Approved members

Ive had more lows then i could ever count. and most of mine are very serious. ive had many times where my meter just read low. and things like that. but probably my worst one was when my mom was out of town and i was sleeping and went into a seizures. i was givin two glucagon shots but did not respond. my family thought i was fine so they went back to bed. when my dad checked on me again he realized i was still having seizures. so they called 911. i stopped breathing and turned blue. so they had to do some emergency things and got me to the icu. i was still not awake so they sent me to a childrens hospital. after 8 hours of not being coherent i finally woke up with the worst headache ever, that was only one of my bad lows. now that im older there not so bad, i wake up now if i get low when im sleeping.