- advertisement -

What the heck

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Specialk, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Specialk

Specialk Approved members

:confused::mad:A couple of days ago I was testing my blood sugar and I was 23. I didn't feel low at all so I retested and I was 512! I checked for a third time and I was 35 then again 468 then for a final time, 110 which is my target. Then at a snack later in the day I was 64, 344, and again 110. How strange is that? :mad::confused:

2. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

were those tests all at the same time(like within 5 mins) or throughout the day?

3. Hollyb

Hollyb Approved members

If your hands were clean and the strips coded properly, I'd say it's time to call the meter company and ask them to replace it!

4. Specialk

I washed my hands and all those tests were within like 3 minutes of each other! That was the first time that has ever happened to me.:(

5. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

Time for a new meter.

6. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

Definitely time for a new meter.

7. Specialk

That's probably what I'll do.
    :)

8. purplewowies

purplewowies Approved members

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  9. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

One of the parents posted something similar recently. hmmm maybe all the meters are going on strike

10. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

i have the one touch ultra.....are those ok? if not i have three minis:cool:
    i had a test one time that was between 19-27 and i felt fine so i checked again and i was 90 something. but that was like three years ago and on a accu check.
    and i'd deff say get a new meter pronto. actually, get two. a every day one and a back up, that's what we do(in addition to the minis). they should be willing to give you a back up. besides, the pharmacist at publix told me and mom that the test strips are the meter company's bread butter, which is why they give out so may free meters. fyi:D

11. Specialk

I have the new precision extra meters and so far they have worked really well. This is the one time in the two years that I have been using them that they have given me any trouble at all.