- advertisement -

What the heck is wrong with my body?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by emm142, Aug 8, 2012.

1. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

I beleive she said it was about 50% of her basal. So she is running basal from the pump too.(at least that is how I read it)

2. Wendy12571

Wendy12571 Approved members

Emma,
    I am a type 1. I have had D for over 25 years. Who has never really gotten an a1c below 7.2. My a1c now is up there. I use a CGM bolus and pay attention. Nothing seems to work for me. So when you figure it out please tell me the secret.
    Wendy
    p.s. I just posted so that you would know there are others in the same boat as you.

3. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I really appreciate it. I am going to try Novolog on my next reservoir refill, and if that doesn't work I will consider more complex solutions.

4. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

ok I don't have time to read all the replies so sorry if this has been said, but I know my best friend had crazy numbers all over the place with no pattern before she was dx celiac.... have you been tested recently?

5. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I actually haven't been tested for 4 years. I doubt I have celiac because I have had no weight loss and most of my BGs are high rather than low, but I will definitely ask at my endo appointment on Wednesday. Thanks for reminding me!

6. MamaLibby

MamaLibby Approved members

Yes to this and to the allergy med idea. I sometimes have to bolus for allergy meds, and her numbers were a mess before she was dx with celiac.
    I'm sorry you're so frustrated, Emma. :( Hang in there! Hope changing to novolog helps. Keep us posted.

7. Melissata

Melissata Approved members

Someone mentioned Zyrtec as being a problem with bg. Cetirizine hydrochloride is Zyrtec. My son had highly unpredictable bg's with Apridra, and changed back to Novolog as well. I don't know how severe your allergies are, but maybe try to go without or ask to try something different?

8. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

The only thing that worked for me, was mixing Novolog(Rapid) and Toronto(Regular) in my pump. It's not perfect, but it's helped "ME" mmensely

9. lgouldin

lgouldin Approved members

Please take what I say with a grain of salt because at a little over a year in and treating my dd (not me), I am really not one to give advise. But I will anyway:p.

Instead of trying more complex solutions, maybe you could try starting over:eek:.

I know when things in my life start to get too complex, I have to step back, start over and take one step at a time.

From you signature I see you were taking meds then t1 then started taking more meds all the time making adjustments for the t1. So maybe you could try starting over with all the variables in place and work up from there.

So if this was my dd and she was on a pump with cgm (which she is not so that is why I said take what I say with a grain of salt) I would set her to a flat basal rate (with novolog and lantus) and go low carb for a few days to get basal right then start with the carb adjustments.

I hope things get better for you soon!!!!

10. emm142

emm142 Approved members

In the typical response to a post on CWD, my BGs have now flipped 180 and I'm having 2-3 lows per day. And staying below 220 for the most part, which is nice.

Ugh. So thanks for the advice, but I won't be able to try and report on it because right now I'm just lowering my basals and trying to keep one step ahead of the lows. :rolleyes:

11. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Isn't that always the way? Take care :cwds:

12. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

I think you found the solution. Posting on CWD. :cool:

13. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Just want to add that I had similar difficulties on Apidra. Highs over 400, lows, no patterns at all, and at the time I was also on Synthroid and a hormone pill. Novolog tends to give me more trends and patterns, so I've ended up just sticking with it, even though I had such high hopes for Apidra.

14. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

how long do you keep Apidra in you pump?

do you prime the tubing when it has been awhile since your last bolus? I have found that Apidra getts guncked up. we keep a basal going and actually keep a site attached to a post it while not in use!

I found that Apidra really only was consistant in a pump for less than 3 days, afer that it was good.