- advertisement -

what pump do you recomend?

Discussion in 'Teens' started by beck95, Jul 11, 2009.

1. beck95

beck95 Approved members

i'm going to have to get a new pump in a couple of years and i was just starting to do some research. so i was wondering what pump you would recomend. everybody seems to be "drooling" over the Animas Ping. we dont have the animas ping in aussie yet but we have the animas so whats the difference? sorry but im too lazy to read all the posts on the thread somebody has already posted:eek:. we also have the minimed. thanks.

2. miss_behave

miss_behave Approved members

Hey, I'm in Australia too. We have the Animas 2020. As far as I know, the pump is exactly the same, it just doesn't have the "Ping" remote control/meter. If we get the Ping here, I will definitely get it next pump, it looks awesome! I don't know if we'll ever get it here though, sadly. Just like we never got the Cozmonitor or the MM link meters *sigh* :(

3. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

I am in canada and we also do not have the ping. However I do have the Animas 2020 and I love it...The only difference is the meter. I love my Animas :) plus it comes in fun colors

4. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

I would suggest contacting the pump companies in your area so you can get a feel for each pump. You might find you like the feel or look of one better than the other. Research them- there are some differences. I have a Minimed pump and love it. I have been with minimed for 8 years so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

5. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

I second what Rae says. Look around on the internet and call different pump companies and talk to people. You can google insulin pump comparisons. Also, I don't know if you saw it, but there is a pump comparison thread at the top of the teens section.
    I use Minimed and I love it, but it was not my first choice. But, like I said I DO love my pump, now that I have it :)
    However, I think most people are going to say that they love whatever pump they have (not all of them, but most), so keep that in mind also.
    Good luck :)

6. beck95

beck95 Approved members

thanx i might talk to my mum about ringing the companies with the different pumps. i think your probably right about moswt people loving thier pumps. so am i right to assume that the only difference between the animas 2020 and the ping is a that the ping has a remote control?? does anybody know if the animas 2020 comes in multi colors with like about two or three colors all swirled in one pump?

7. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

You assume right :) The only difference between the 2020 and the ping is the remote control.
    The Animas 2020 comes in sliver, green,pink and I think blue? I can't remember... I have pink. You can buy the skins with the swirls off the internet.
    Plus you can get sets that have color in them.

Animas was only choice because of my silly insulin requirements