- advertisement -

What Ive seen in CWD

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Becky Stevens mom, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Ive been around for a couple years now almost. I guess I wanted to post this cause of things Ive been seeing in other areas of the forums lately:(

Ive seen newbies come in here very frightened, feeling alone, desperate for answers, wanting someone to tell them its going to be ok. Ive seen people with CWD come in when their child is sick, vomiting, feverish with ketones. The parent is in a panic. This is the first time! What should I do? I feel so alone:( And Ive seen many of the same people there for them. Even in the early morning hours, they are there for them. Telling them its ok, Im here, I wont leave you. I'd like to tell these people that this means so much . I probably wont remember all the names but many of them are here alot so they kind of stand out in my mind. Those would be, Sarah Maddies mom, Frizzy Razzy, Mama C, Still MamaMia, Lee, Wilf, Brendsdad, Heather, Beth, Ellen, Christopher, Hawkeye girl, Danismom, Brenda, Barbzzz, Snowbound, Jacobs Dad and many others are there to offer support and advice to people that cant get that anywhere else, sometimes not even the endo's office. Once again I just wanted to say that I think CWD is a pretty special place for us parents and loved ones of CWD. And that its a good feeling to know that Im not alone even in the middle of the night

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Becky, you need to include yourself in that list. And many, many others as well ;)

I've said many times before, that when I stumbled into CWD after years of managing D on my own, it was like coming in from the cold. :cwds:

Crazy stuff goes on once in a while, but it never changes the fact that CWD is a support community made up of very caring, knowledgable and generous people.

3. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Yes, definitely, ditto, 100%!

4. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

The thing about listing people...sometimes the ones among the "so many" are the ones who really ought to be named.

So.....let's just all give our neighboring POCWDs nice pats on the back.

5. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

I'd like to add the Real life friends I've made from this list:
    My local possee:
    Andeefig, Lee, Kaylee's mom (flutterby- Kim) Lilmansmom (Wanda), Joy, Kirstin, Beth and Scott; you've been to my home, we've shared meals, we've slept in the same hotel room (even though we had never met and I was hopeful you weren't an ax murderer) and we've gotten drunk together. My diabetes life would not be the same.

the folks I had the opportunity to meet last summer in florida:
    Ellen, Loren, Iluvmph, Cami Noel, Carie, Carol and Carol, dqmom, the badshoes, I'm sure I'm forgetting someone - but again, shared a few drinks, shared a few more, shared a few more LOL.. but without cwd bringing us all together, our life would be immeasurably different.

i was at a local function today put on by the ADA and while there I heard from more than a few parents who are just isolated, for lack of a better word. They have had diabetes for long times and they're still struggling. they NEED a place like this. if for no other reason than to remember that they are not alone.

6. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

What a great post. I agree 100% and am so darn glad to have found this place.

7. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I just looked back at the first post I ever made on here. I started a thread a couple of days after Jack was diagnosed with a laundry list of questions a mile long. As I looked over the responses today, I remember how I felt as the replies came flooding in. The hugs, the advice, the commiseration...it was just so overwhelming to find a place where everyone had been through what I was going through, and was so willing to give their time and energy to help the newest member of the "club." I distinctly remember sitting at my computer that night and just crying as I felt just a little less alone.

I know I'm sharp-tongued and opinionated. I know that I can be impatient and sarcastic. I also know that I feel an overwhelming debt to this board and to the fine people on it, and every time I can help anyone out, I feel like maybe I've paid it forward a tiny, tiny bit. You are my people. ALL of you. I mean that sincerely, and with much, much love and gratitude.

8. TerpSteph

TerpSteph Approved members

Very nice thread, Becky! Thanks to all on CWD for the guidance and the support. It does help knowing that others are going through the same thing that you are.

9. BCmom

BCmom Approved members

Yes, Yes include yourself Becky!

As one of the terrified noobs I want to thank-you from the bottom of my heart! You have all been so very amazing...
    providing the most amazing counseling, friendship and advice. You even rescued us in California!
    I hope I get to meet some of you in person one day...

10. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

Thanks, Becky! I just finished reading some sad posts on here and feel afraid and can't stop crying. Well, I read this and started crying more. Because it's so true. We are a family. We understand what so many of others around us just don't get. We help each other live through the crappy days and celebrate the good ones. And we support each other in our fears. I have learned so much from you all and I am thrilled to be a part of this family.

11. Sandy's mom

Sandy's mom Approved members

I don't post much Becky, but when I need help this is where I'd come and ask for it for sure! (Hopefully not anytime soon though:D) No one else quite gets it.

12. MyBoys'Mom

MyBoys'Mom Approved members

You guys have all helped me so much - not only when I have real problems, but also just when I need a boost. Thank you!

13. LJS118

LJS118 Approved members

I agree..I've been on and off for a few years now, and you guys are like old friends...you don't have to talk to them for a long time, and when you finally reconnect its like you've never left. :D

14. maha

maha Approved members

This forum and people around are great.
    It's amazing how for every questions there's someone around to answer and help the ones who ask.

I found it when looking on google on a question about D; I never been to a Diabetic forum before this one or I could have gone to a french one ...
    but answers to thread here are often more accurate than book or endos.

15. Barbzzz

Barbzzz Approved members

I will say that this place means more to me than you can ever ever imagine. I may be isolated from you all physically, but the bond that reaches across the oceans and continents and time zones between me and all the rest of you parents of CWDs is as real as the keyboard I'm typing on right now. And I believe that bond will never be broken; it grows stronger every time I log in and reach out to someone in need, or have someone reach out to me, whether for advice, support or simply friendship. I love you all. I'd be very lonely and sad, and likely not have such a wonderful, healthy vibrant D-child, without all of you.

Thank you, Becky, my friend, for starting this thread. I'd be lost without CWD and this community. :cwds:

16. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Very kind thread, Becky.:)

There are way too many for me to thank.

17. momof2here

momof2here Approved members

gratitude...

First, Becky - you definitely are on that HUGE list with tons of others who make such a strong, positive impact on us all as we deal with this day in and day out.

This board, and the people who contribute to it, (whether by providing suggestions, support, kindness, questions, answers, theories, resolutions, ideas, motivation, assistance, hugs, and so much more) have been a critical support to me. I am touched by the help that so many have offered me and by the situations of others as they go through something that I am going through.

I am thankful for the people with the answers and the people with the questions - they all make me feel that I am not alone and that is the most important gift you all can give - to help us to all realize that we are not alone in this.

Thank you :)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  18. 2type1s

2type1s Approved members

great post, Becky!! I've never posted, not even one time, that someone here didn't offer hugs, support, information, etc. You all are awesome! (that goes for my FB friends, too) Love YOU ALL!

19. caspi

caspi Approved members

I agree! :)

20. tom_ethansdad

tom_ethansdad Approved members

I don't usually "pile on" a thread if someone else has already responded with the same information I would provide, but in this case I think it is worth the exception. We would have been lost early on without CWD. The support, both emotionally and practically that we have received from directly participating here and by just reading all of the other posts from folks with similar questions to ours, has been invaluable.

Thank you to all those who respond, especially those who are here day in and out giving freely of your time, knowledge, virtual shoulder. Without this community of people, living with this disease would be much more difficult on all fronts.

Big ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) to all of you! :cwds:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.