- advertisement -

What is your usual plan of attack when numbers start to creep up??

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Aidan'sMom, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Aidan'sMom

Aidan'sMom Approved members

I have fought for the last two days to keep Aidan out of the 2 and 300's. I don't know if maybe he is getting sick or having a growth spurt or what is going on. How long do you wait before you start changing pump settings? I just changed his site yesterday, he has been in range at his dinner check, after dinner check, before bed check and 2 hrs after going to sleep check for the last two days. (This pretty much means he is in range from around 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. While he is sleeping his bg starts to rise around midnight slightly but usually stays in range. He has been high at 2 a.m. and not in range by morning for the last couple of days. Should I just start with the midnight basal and go from there?

2. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Sounds like a growth spurt. So the highs in the very early morning will cause some resistance and make for higher waking up BGs. I would up the basals from midnight to 3 am and see if that works.

To answer your thread question:

I check the site.
    If all is ok with site, I correct, retest in 2hours, test ketones also.
    If no change or very little, I change the site, then do a higher temp basal for 2 hours, plus a smaller correction.
    If no change, I give a shot to help out, and keep running a higher temp basal.

3. Aidan'sMom

Aidan'sMom Approved members

Thank you! You are always so helpful.